• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Vote: LP
200.gif

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
100% yes
EC is typically an mislynch target
I thought we talked about this in scum chat in fantasy, haw haw

People keep saying this but I feel like EC and even people like Sparks are still kicking near the end of the game like all the time. For such "easy" targets, there is always a ton of kick back in actually trying to get them out and half the game looks at you like scum while you try to push the logic anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
So we got LP at 4, Thorny at 3, and Fate, Maol, and Anex at 2.

Really not interested in Fate and Maol and will not be moving a vote to either of those two. I get the LP vote but I think that leads to heartbreak. Anex is an interesting pick. Still am lightly town reading that slot, but it's one that I do not feel confident on. Still sticking on Thorny for now to the surprise of no one.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
If I was Scum I would be Terrified to target EC and I feel this will be generally the sentiment in the future if it's not already.

People keep saying this but I feel like EC and even people like Sparks are still kicking near the end of the game like all the time. For such "easy" targets, there is always a ton of kick back in actually trying to get them out and half the game looks at you like scum while you try to push the logic anyway.

Yes, this is what I was trying to say earlier. People with unusual/maybe unhelpful playstyles are stereotyped as being easy to push out, which ironically means it's very difficult to push them out, since anyone advocating for it is seen as pushing an easy target.

Still sticking on Thorny for now to the surprise of no one.

Shocked.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Someone made mention about me usually being killed early as well, was a weird comment. Since I'm not usually killed day 1/2.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland

Really not interested in Fate and Maol and will not be moving a vote to either of those two. I get the LP vote but I think that leads to heartbreak. Anex is an interesting pick. Still am lightly town reading that slot, but it's one that I do not feel confident on. Still sticking on Thorny for now to the surprise of no one.
LP up to 5. Given the people on that wagon, many people's PoE won't move one bit if he were to flip town.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
You said you were hesitant in an earlier post to do this. Why's that?
Because I fear I've let someone else's paranoia influence my path through the thread rather than actually forming a read of my own, and I don't like that feeling, but I'm not actually sure where else to look because I can't shake it regardless.

Also because if I am letting someone else influence me then I have to be honest with myself and admit that it's probably you, and I don't really trust you, even though you sound so incredibly reasonable and other people seem to feel pretty good about you.

It makes it all the more amusing that you're not and never have actually been voting there, and are saying you think it's a bad idea. Just not necessarily a good kind of amusing.

Oct 25, 2017
Because I fear I've let someone else's paranoia influence my path through the thread rather than actually forming a read of my own, and I don't like that feeling, but I'm not actually sure where else to look because I can't shake it regardless.

Also because if I am letting someone else influence me then I have to be honest with myself and admit that it's probably you, and I don't really trust you, even though you sound so incredibly reasonable and other people seem to feel pretty good about you.

It makes it all the more amusing that you're not and never have actually been voting there, and are saying you think it's a bad idea. Just not necessarily a good kind of amusing.

Elaborate on this for me a bit. Was I influencing you to LP or someone else

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
How do you think he's going to flip
Honestly, I'm 50/50 at this point (despite the real odds being 4/20 most likely). LP fought back hard last game when he was Town and he's barely acknowledged the votes thus far, other than to say my vote for him was concerning (which is to say nothing at all). I've not played with scum LP though, so I have to defer to others' read of his meta. I believe you suggested this wouldn't be out of character for a town LP, so I guess we may find out.

If he does flip town, it won't look great on me given I'm 2nd on the wagon, but I also can't really bounce given the two votes on me isn't insignificant. But I'm ok with that risk.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Elaborate on this for me a bit. Was I influencing you to LP or someone else
The former.

Trying to decide if scum LP is trying to panic stop a town core, or if this is going to be one of those games where town me and town LP just spend the entire game butting heads
Yeah LP is kind of tornado of shade throwing right now, and I don't really know what to make of that

They were well chosen words, they stuck with me despite my attempts to see things without them.

That first comment of yours is also something Thorny repeated after the fact, and which you commented on saying it seemed like a genuine scum read, but even while you were saying you couldn't understand why she was scum reading the people she's scum reading and casting suspicion her way for that I don't think you ever remarked that she might have got that bit from you.

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
There was a previous Nier mafia game, Nier: something else? I can't remember. It was before my time in the community, but that game might have been what Loki was referring to.

It gives your posts the style of a Victorian novel, which is cool.

Do you think that mafia are more likely to vote you because of your playstyle?
How do you not know of the first game I ever ran Nier Gestalt Mafia TT-TT

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
There was a previous Nier mafia game, Nier: something else? I can't remember. It was before my time in the community, but that game might have been what Loki was referring to.

It gives your posts the style of a Victorian novel, which is cool.

Do you think that mafia are more likely to vote you because of your playstyle?
my god there was another one of this?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I am done work. I will be catching up now, and responding to any questions throw my way while I was working. If I miss anyone's question, please just ping me, I'm not trying to dodge anyone.

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
I'm gonna catch up later, dropping this now

And HP. I specifically focused on the two most polarizing players of last game. Anyone from Trek can back me up there.
Two problems here. First, I was challenging c4's logic in the post but end up with him on my town list later, so I wasn't trying to make a greater point on him or his read in that particular post.
As for me deflecting, why would I chose someone on no one else's suspect list? I spent pretty much the whole last game outside of D1 on people's PoE. It doesn't bother me that much. Especially with how wild this group tends to swing at day end.
My instinct is that with self-defense, town explains and scum justifies. This is justification and not explanation.

It's a mindset of focusing on being right in an argument and not just "I'm town and this is why I did this thing". It's like he's talking about a hypothetical villager more than he's talking about himself. A lot of these defenses seemed pretty preemptive in context too.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
one of my many sins.

another is this: had an exhausting day of work and I cant make myself read this whole thread through by EoD...Im gonna be winging it

Oct 25, 2017
The former.

They were well chosen words, they stuck with me despite my attempts to see things without them.

That first comment of yours is also something Thorny repeated after the fact, and which you commented on saying it seemed like a genuine scum read, but even while you were saying you couldn't understand why she was scum reading the people she's scum reading and casting suspicion her way for that I don't think you ever remarked that she might have got that bit from you.

Was I the only one who had weird vibes about LP at the time? I know the shade tornado thing was a comment I made to Random, and while Thorny's is similar, it felt different enough to me.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Lone_Prodigy (5 votes)
Hawthorn - #835
Anexanhume - #863
jman1954goat - #1,002
Ephidel - #1,027
EzekelRAGE - #1,052

Hawthorn (3 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #485
FateShirou - #498
NeonBorealis - #909

Anexanhume (2 votes)
Maolfunction - #560
Sawneeks - #631 #734
c4e5g3d5 - #1,001

FateShirou (2 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #248 #343
Randomless - #885
Funky Dude Sparks - #905

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Sorian - #238
EvilChameleon - #390

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Stantastic - #795

CheshireCat (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #840 #863

Stantastic (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #738 #1,014

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #152 #614
EzekelRAGE - #206 #761
Stantastic - #291 #795

Randomless (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #183 #362

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #151 #612

HPSauce (0 votes)
FateShirou - #89 #498
Randomless - #115 #347
Maolfunction - #123 #183

EvilChameleon (0 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #101 #248
Hawthorn - #724 #835

Sawneeks (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #761 #1,052

Not voting: CheshireCat, Neki, Sawneeks, Lone_Prodigy, HPSauce

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 192 c4e5g3d5: 108 Maolfunction: 102 EzekelRAGE: 95 Funky Dude Sparks: 91 Sorian: 74 Anexanhume: 73 HPSauce: 70 Neki: 62 FateShirou: 62 CheshireCat: 50 Sawneeks: 50 Randomless: 43 Hawthorn: 35 Ephidel: 34 jman1954goat: 29 NeonBorealis: 28 EvilChameleon: 27 Stantastic: 26 Lone_Prodigy: 23

Current Countdown:
gejafxv92g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
my god there was another one of this?
Yes, NieR: Gestalt, based off the PS3 NieR game. It was extremely despair inducing with extremely fitting flavour roles. It was a clean sweep for scum.

Also I just realized the title of this game/thread is misspelled >:(
loki how could you, it's supposed to be NieR: Automata not Nier: Automata

OP
OP
lokiduck

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yes, NieR: Gestalt, based off the PS3 NieR game. It was extremely despair inducing with extremely fitting flavour roles. It was a clean sweep for scum.

Also I just realized the title of this game/thread is misspelled >:(
loki how could you, it's supposed to be NieR: Automata not Nier: Automata
:ghostcop: no one corrected me when I posted the title suggestion in mod chat

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
I think if you gave me three bullets and told me to kill a wolf, I'd put them in like, Anex Hawthorn Neon.

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
He's showing town methodology, giving people grace in places where wolves can drop shade and get away with it completely, has real, thoughtful insight, and it's certainly nothing clearing but why is this of all things the best vote we can come up with?

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
Wasnt talking about whether you agree with her read of me. I was talkin about how she had me as one of her top town, then 4 hours later knocked me down to "would vote" giving the reasoning that I was posting to many gifs/memes. Called her out on it and reasoning was weak especially since I had only made 1 post between the two reads of me.
I apologize, I misread your initial question then in my haste.
What are your feelings on Neeks changin up on me?
This is the post where you asked me, for reference.

Four hours is enough time to reflect on a read and change it, especially if she's actively going through the thread in that time. You questioned her about it though, and the reasoning she provided didn't quite make sense. It feels like there is a post missing there, where she would say "oh I've reread Zeke" and then changed her mind as a result, with the explanation of having a poor gif/meme to post ratio. If that was/is the case, then I think her reasoning isn't necessarily invalid, I just disagree with her. It's not a big leap for me to assume she did reread without explicitly saying so and stumbled over her words a bit while explaining. I don't think being indecisive or changing your read is necessarily a scum tell either, especially on a day one. It's not like you have a ton of pressure on you, Zeke, where scum!Sneeks could serve to capitalize on a push. If Sneeks continue to be indecisive and changes things around much too frequently going forward, that's when I would start to be concerned, but one incident isn't enough to raise alarms at the moment. I have noted this interaction down now though and I would've missed it otherwise, so thank you Zeke for drawing attention to it. I just don't think it's particularly scummy at the moment.

I'm also curious why you only pinged LP and I to ask about this, when others have commented on Sneeks as well.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
C4, I'm voting for LP because of the posts he made criticizing people generally for getting too chummy, but without calling anyone out specifically for it-- that is, he gave examples, but he didn't call anyone out as being weirdly nice/too nice to be town; he didn't take his criticism in the direction of identifying scum reads. To me, encouraging general suspicion & fear, discouraging cooperation, but without making a case on anybody, is mafia behavior.

It's thin, but it's D1, and it feels right to me as a gut decision, it feels like there's something different about this LP from early town LP.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I'm gonna catch up later, dropping this now

My instinct is that with self-defense, town explains and scum justifies. This is justification and not explanation.

It's a mindset of focusing on being right in an argument and not just "I'm town and this is why I did this thing". It's like he's talking about a hypothetical villager more than he's talking about himself. A lot of these defenses seemed pretty preemptive in context too.
I too love a large glass of confirmation bias in the morning.

Someone replied to one of my "justifications" by literally saying "Thanks for clarifying", but you do you.

The thing is that when you're town, you are right about being town.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

fight me irl chuggs, you wont

tbh i was gonna make a spicy move and vote anex so it would be LP/Haw/Anex but HP beat me to it. >:(

lemme think

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Was I the only one who had weird vibes about LP at the time? I know the shade tornado thing was a comment I made to Random, and while Thorny's is similar, it felt different enough to me.
I'm fairly sure you were the first with that first comment, you were one of the first to comment on what he said about people being too nice and before that he'd said approximately nothing except to offer a snarky defense of HP.

He hadn't made that many more posts before the second either and I'm fairly sure the only people to comment on him in the interim were Anex (who commented in his read list that the post about Maol being helpful being weird but also called it a meta based comment, which on reconsideration I'm not sure is really accurate) and Random (who commented on the post you replied to)
I think most else came after that.

But looking over those posts again I do still feel like your comments were valid otherwise they probably wouldn't have stuck like they did, and looking back over his posts none of them feel great, so I don't feel bad, just uneasy.

... I do further concede that if you are of a scummier inclination then asking me to explain any of this vaguely near end of day would be a terrible choice of action that would make absolutely no sense unless you didn't think I could or would be this weirdly blunt about any of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's make this a little closer Vote: Anexanhume

Honestly, I'm 50/50 at this point (despite the real odds being 4/20 most likely). LP fought back hard last game when he was Town and he's barely acknowledged the votes thus far, other than to say my vote for him was concerning (which is to say nothing at all). I've not played with scum LP though, so I have to defer to others' read of his meta. I believe you suggested this wouldn't be out of character for a town LP, so I guess we may find out.

If he does flip town, it won't look great on me given I'm 2nd on the wagon, but I also can't really bounce given the two votes on me isn't insignificant. But I'm ok with that risk.

Really did not care for this. It's blatant self-pres and it's a vote that Anex clearly doesn't feel that strongly about. We have hours left, and there's plenty of time to look elsewhere, but he's sticking on a vote that he's not really liking because he doesn't want to die. This feels more like a scummy mindset than a town one.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I'm also curious why you only pinged LP and I to ask about this, when others have commented on Sneeks as well.
Because at the time when I skimmed LP and you were the only ones that had Neeks as town/wouldnt vote. If I had like ten posts with gifs in between the two reads, then I would agree that Neeks initial reasoning would make sense. But for her to back down afterwards and then fall back on "Just goin by what LP said" looks odd. Tells me you really didnt put thought into the read in the first place.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can people tell me about LP meta
Quiet player whose meta joke is 'only posting enough to hit the post count minimum' and not go much higher. Town or Scum he prefers the sidelines but when he is Town he will come in with thoughts/reads that don't always follow the majority. He's more comfortable following his own read of the thread than just bandwagoning on popular points.