• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
The complete absence of wolves on the tail end of the Anex wagon makes it unlikely LP's a wolf unless Anex is too ftr

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the the reasoning behind some of the votes on the LP train. Cheshire outlined it nicely.

From re-reading LP and anex I feel stronger that anex is scum than LP. I think his current reaction of unvoting and peace-ing out is NAI, but it's also like, what's the alternative? LP hasn't even voted yet for a self-pres, so anex would be betting on offwagon voters or a swing to save him otherwise. A hail mary, essentially. As well, by leaving like this he takes away the opportunity to claim.

Vote: anexanhume

I'm not 100% sold on this. I'm still open to a sharp left, depending on who it is, but I'll do this for now and go make dinner.

Oct 25, 2017

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
VOTE:Neon

Is this a palatable CFD? I've gotten some lowkey Hawthorn TMI pings and highkey LP TMI pings from here.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
Zeke:

I don't care about them disagreeing, you know this. Majority of ppl disagree with me, it's nothing new. Weird that you would try to frame it that way.

I asked them both specifically what they thought of our exchange (even quoted it for them)because they were the first two to give you town reads after it.
Neither of them answered my question, focused on something I didnt even ask about.
Random just said they disagreed with your read of me
LP ignored my question at first, so had to ping him. Then when he does answer it gives a deflecting answer letting me know he didnt actually pay it no mind. Then labels my legit question as "salt". post 1012

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
If anex was sure he was gonna die, wouldn't it make sense to at least try to claim? The emo-wolfing is scaring me to vote there though.

VOTE:Neon

Is this a palatable CFD? I've gotten some lowkey Hawthorn TMI pings and highkey LP TMI pings from here.

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but given Neon hasn't played for 2 years I think it might be a bit distasteful to vote off someone who is basically new which is what we try to avoid. That's how I feel though.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Put down a vote if that's who your scum reading.
Ok, sure.

Vote: HP
As for the claims that I'm giving up, there's nothing else left to be said on D1. I've given everyone the opportunity to not be wrong, but you have to take it. Any explanation I offer dissolved into pedantry and people confirming their biases that exist.

Go back and look at how my vote out went in Trek and it's almost a carbon copy. I'm fine with going out the same way so people can either learn to question their reliance or meta or realize my play style doesn't match their intuitions.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toss his legacy in there as well and pretty much
maybe it's because the last game had emo-wolfing that cost the game but an emotional outburst and throwing your hands in the air is sitting as NAI for me. i'd expect more out of a town anex

The complete absence of wolves on the tail end of the Anex wagon makes it unlikely LP's a wolf unless Anex is too ftr
agreed on LP though i dont think it discounts anex yet. our day ends typically get crazy busy the closer we are to the buzzer.

I didnt like his response to my questioning.

You want to go more in depth on your own............or just continue to parrot?
it's more fun being a bird

Sawneeks What posts stick out to you on LP other than anex?
im not sure what you mean?

I'm not sure how everyone else feels but given Neon hasn't played for 2 years I think it might be a bit distasteful to vote off someone who is basically new which is what we try to avoid. That's how I feel though.
^^^ as well. it's a silly thing but im really not for voting out a returning/new player.

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
But also please don't do this in games of mafia like seriously
It doesn't make people listen to you, it does the opposite

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, sure.

Vote: HP
As for the claims that I'm giving up, there's nothing else left to be said on D1. I've given everyone the opportunity to not be wrong, but you have to take it. Any explanation I offer dissolved into pedantry and people confirming their biases that exist.

Go back and look at how my vote out went in Trek and it's almost a carbon copy. I'm fine with going out the same way so people can either learn to question their reliance or meta or realize my play style doesn't match their intuitions.

Okay, but a lot of the votes aren't on you aren't meta reads. I get wanting to do this, but town has a bad habit of being wrong and being all "Aight moving on" if they kill a townie so your not going to teach people a lesson by just giving up. I would appreciate if you didn't just throw in the towel here if you're town

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I think his current reaction of unvoting and peace-ing out is NAI, but it's also like, what's the alternative?
Exactly. If you want to save me, town has the power. I've made all the arguments I can for today. People have gotten to the point where they're responding to my responses to other people and the original exchange isn't even in context anymore.

If multiple town want me to claim, I suppose that's a possible avenue to help town further. People who request the reveal may receive some scrutiny down the road.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I'm back until EoD. I'm completely fine with anex being one wagon, but I'm not sure I get the LP one. was there a competent case made for him somewhere or are wolves scrambling to save anex?

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
I notice haw haw has been silent the last hour since the votes on her went off. She did not reply to my psot on LP votes being weak

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anex, how come throughout all of this, even now, you won't mention or vote for hawthorn?

A few posts before you vote in 'self preservation'
So we got LP at 4, Thorny at 3, and Fate, Maol, and Anex at 2.

Really not interested in Fate and Maol and will not be moving a vote to either of those two. I get the LP vote but I think that leads to heartbreak. Anex is an interesting pick. Still am lightly town reading that slot, but it's one that I do not feel confident on. Still sticking on Thorny for now to the surprise of no one.

And then you post your vote. You don't even scum read LP and say you have to go there since the two votes on your arent insignificant. Haw is an option but is never mentioned.
Honestly, I'm 50/50 at this point (despite the real odds being 4/20 most likely). LP fought back hard last game when he was Town and he's barely acknowledged the votes thus far, other than to say my vote for him was concerning (which is to say nothing at all). I've not played with scum LP though, so I have to defer to others' read of his meta. I believe you suggested this wouldn't be out of character for a town LP, so I guess we may find out.

If he does flip town, it won't look great on me given I'm 2nd on the wagon, but I also can't really bounce given the two votes on me isn't insignificant. But I'm ok with that risk.

You didn't even expect LP to take off so...why?
This is about me not expecting the LP wagon to take off, but I understand the reasoning. Either way, it has the potential to look like a bus if you think I'm a scum and he turns out scum, or a tunnel if he flips town and you still think I'm scum.

And in the context of it all, LP is at 4 and Haw 3 where you're sitting at 2. Even a single vote on Haw would make a difference.
How can I vote for self-preservation when he only had one vote at the time and others had more?

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather you claim than leave anex. Better for mafia to have to night kill you than us misvote you off if you are town.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
anex if you're town and you think claiming is gonna help, then claim.

This is a bastard game and its predecessor had some hella fucked up roles, so I don't know how much a claim is even going to help things, but I don't think it can really hurt, in comparison to getting voted out.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
Hawhaw: "I see a few people besides me were also suspicious of LP, so I'm going to switch my vote there and see if we can't get a train. I do think he's good when town in later days, but he's come off as suspicious right now enough that I'm ready to kill him."

Here are the posts where I explained my suspicion of LP:

Share the concern over LP's generalized suspicion. Particularly his "everyone's too chummy" thing which he's now doubled down on. This is bad because he's not directing his suspicion, not explaining why certain players are particularly too trusting in a suspicious way, just releasing a general cloud of "things feel suspicious, let's encourage an atmosphere of distrust and paranoia". Classic mafia behavior.

I explained my concern around LP earlier, it was that he made a few posts where he seemed to be trying to throw around generalized suspicion without committing to any one person in particular, then backed down on it. The post where he was like "everyone is too friendly" but didn't suspect any particular person based on being friendly.

C4, I'm voting for LP because of the posts he made criticizing people generally for getting too chummy, but without calling anyone out specifically for it-- that is, he gave examples, but he didn't call anyone out as being weirdly nice/too nice to be town; he didn't take his criticism in the direction of identifying scum reads. To me, encouraging general suspicion & fear, discouraging cooperation, but without making a case on anybody, is mafia behavior.

It's thin, but it's D1, and it feels right to me as a gut decision, it feels like there's something different about this LP from early town LP.

However, I can also kind of see Anex. I will contemplate switching, but right now neither are giving me much to go on.

Can you spell this out for me? How do you know there are no wolves on the vote?

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the fact he's tiptoeing around a claim as is instead of just claiming and giving town more time to get another viable train going is a bad look

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Anexanhume (5 votes)
Maolfunction - #560
Sawneeks - #631 #734
c4e5g3d5 - #1,001 #1,160
HPSauce - #1,083
TheChuggernaut - #1,098
Sawneeks - #1,111
Randomless - #1,157

Lone_Prodigy (4 votes)
Hawthorn - #835
Anexanhume - #863 #1,128
jman1954goat - #1,002
Ephidel - #1,027
EzekelRAGE - #1,052
Sorian - #1,116 #1,137

Hawthorn (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #485 #1,098
FateShirou - #498
NeonBorealis - #909

Maolfunction (2 votes)
Sorian - #238 #1,116
EvilChameleon - #390
Sorian - #1,137

FateShirou (1 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #248 #343
Randomless - #885 #1,157
Funky Dude Sparks - #905

Funky Dude Sparks (1 votes)
Stantastic - #795

HPSauce (1 votes)
FateShirou - #89 #498
Randomless - #115 #347
Maolfunction - #123 #183
Anexanhume - #1,170

NeonBorealis (1 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #1,160

CheshireCat (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #840 #863

Stantastic (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #738 #1,014

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #152 #614
EzekelRAGE - #206 #761
Stantastic - #291 #795

Randomless (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #183 #362

EvilChameleon (0 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #101 #248
Hawthorn - #724 #835

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #151 #612

Sawneeks (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #761 #1,052

Not voting: CheshireCat, Neki, Lone_Prodigy

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 211 c4e5g3d5: 145 Maolfunction: 105 EzekelRAGE: 104 Funky Dude Sparks: 92 Anexanhume: 86 Sorian: 82 HPSauce: 72 FateShirou: 67 CheshireCat: 66 Neki: 65 Sawneeks: 63 Randomless: 55 Hawthorn: 42 Ephidel: 38 NeonBorealis: 35 jman1954goat: 32 EvilChameleon: 27 Stantastic: 26 Lone_Prodigy: 23

Current Countdown:
gejafxv92g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Anex, how come throughout all of this, even now, you won't mention or vote for hawthorn?

A few posts before you vote in 'self preservation'

And then you post your vote. You don't even scum read LP and say you have to go there since the two votes on your arent insignificant. Haw is an option but is never mentioned.

You didn't even expect LP to take off so...why?

And in the context of it all, LP is at 4 and Haw 3 where you're sitting at 2. Even a single vote on Haw would make a difference.
You left out the part where I explained my reasoning for voting LP.

I'm not going to divert my vote to Hawthorn if I'm not SRing. Town taking out town tends to trouble town.