• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
now, since it is bugging me, I am concerned with the lack of movement here. if wolf, are his mates bussing him now. if town, are they comfortably sitting off wagon. it's entirely possible that the wolves have given up on saving anex, but I'd have expected more attempts to swing it elsewhere before the claim came out than what we got

Kind of like your attempt?

I see people voting elsewhere and I know that mafia players avoid last minute swings away b/c it can get them in huge trouble, better to cut their losses & bus. So not at all concerned by lack of movement.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Well we got 3 minutes so I doubt we're going to get a better informed counter-wagon at this point. I guess at least Anex isn't the doctor.

Vote: Anexanhume

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Guess there is no more time to check and post. But Haw already self quoted the posts I was looking for anyways.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
Right, but you're really pushing Sorian as a counter to anex just based on his role claim, but you never raised those (legitimate) concerns before. Why do you town read anex so strongly that you're trying to come up with an alternative to push?
I don't town read anex, I just didn't like the LP counter wagon because I don't see a reason to SR LP

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying myself, whatever post Anex said above that thing I said to Saw a bit ago was what made me think scum but I really still don't trust Maol this my hesitation to follow his lead. I'm on my phone making dinner so I'm not looking that up now, ask me again tomorrow.

HPSauce

Jan 10, 2018
U.K.
now, since it is bugging me, I am concerned with the lack of movement here. if wolf, are his mates bussing him now. if town, are they comfortably sitting off wagon. it's entirely possible that the wolves have given up on saving anex, but I'd have expected more attempts to swing it elsewhere before the claim came out than what we got
Seems like you tried mate.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be a shit head now and say I still suspect Maol if Anex is scum because this is some wild double speak shit

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Anexanhume (10 votes)
Maolfunction - #560
Sawneeks - #631 #734
c4e5g3d5 - #1,001 #1,160
HPSauce - #1,083
TheChuggernaut - #1,098
Sawneeks - #1,111
Randomless - #1,157
c4e5g3d5 - #1,203
Hawthorn - #1,256
Sorian - #1,375
Stantastic - #1,403
Neki - #1,406

Lone_Prodigy (3 votes)
Hawthorn - #835 #1,256
Anexanhume - #863 #1,128
jman1954goat - #1,002
Ephidel - #1,027
EzekelRAGE - #1,052
Sorian - #1,116 #1,137

Hawthorn (2 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #485 #1,098
FateShirou - #498
NeonBorealis - #909

FateShirou (1 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #248 #343
Randomless - #885 #1,157
Funky Dude Sparks - #905

Sorian (1 votes)
CheshireCat - #1,344

HPSauce (1 votes)
FateShirou - #89 #498
Randomless - #115 #347
Maolfunction - #123 #183
Anexanhume - #1,170

Maolfunction (1 votes)
Sorian - #238 #1,116
EvilChameleon - #390
Sorian - #1,137 #1,375

CheshireCat (0 votes)
Anexanhume - #840 #863

Stantastic (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #738 #1,014

TheChuggernaut (0 votes)
NeonBorealis - #152 #614
EzekelRAGE - #206 #761
Stantastic - #291 #795

Randomless (0 votes)
Maolfunction - #183 #362

EvilChameleon (0 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #101 #248
Hawthorn - #724 #835

Funky Dude Sparks (0 votes)
Stantastic - #795 #1,403

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
Sawneeks - #151 #612

NeonBorealis (0 votes)
c4e5g3d5 - #1,160 #1,203

Sawneeks (0 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #761 #1,052

Not voting: Lone_Prodigy

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 234 c4e5g3d5: 167 Anexanhume: 136 Maolfunction: 133 EzekelRAGE: 114 Sorian: 113 HPSauce: 97 Funky Dude Sparks: 94 FateShirou: 89 CheshireCat: 86 Sawneeks: 79 Randomless: 74 Neki: 74 Hawthorn: 67 NeonBorealis: 52 Ephidel: 38 jman1954goat: 32 Stantastic: 32 EvilChameleon: 29 Lone_Prodigy: 23

Current Countdown:
gejafxv92g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 1 Ends

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Devola: For some, death can be their salvation.
Popola: For others, death can only mean pain.
Devola: Sleep, young warrior.

Anexanhume has died

He was...

A fierce warrior and yorha agent, you have proven to be one of the best, especially in your ability to use any weapon. It's almost like you are a protagonist or something?!

You are 2B and you are a Jack of All Trades!

You are: An Android.

You are aligned with those living in a dead world(that is town).

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You have 2 abilities:

• 1 shot Forensic Investigator - During the night you can use the command Inspect (body)parts: player on a dead player. You will learn every player that targeted the player before their death but not when they targeted them. The target must have lived for 2 nights before their death.
  • 2 shot Absorb (passive) - The first two actions that are used on you will become x shot powers you can use. However, you can not absorb certain powers.

You can not use your Forensic Shot the same night you use one of your x shot powers, but your Absorb passive can still activate the same night you use a power.

You have the power to vote!

Game thread: Hi

Good luck doing what needs to be done for the betterment of mankind!

Night 1 Begins

Night actions are due two hours before day start.

Day 2 Begins in:
z6a2ix60p2

Edit: The third dot on this Role PM was a typo made by Era, it is being edited out because it's not supposed to be there.

Last edited:
Day 2 Starts

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Popola: Even the perfect plan
Devola: Can be laid low by chance
Popola: And so the world refused to change

Fog swept the land as if to remove every trace of his existence. Not even a murmur remained of his name.

Randomless has died

He was...

A newly made Android, you have plans to fulfill so you will smash in the face of anyone that gets in your way.

You are Eve and you are a 2 shot Strongman!

You are: An Android.

You are aligned with those out to make a new and better world(that is mafia).

You win when your faction makes up 50% of the remaining players.

On EVEN nights you can target a player using the command Smash: Player. The targeted player will die even if they are being protected by protection.

Your faction has:

• 1 Ninja Shot - On EVEN nights you can use the command Ninja: player. The kill will not be able to be detected.
  • The Mafia factional kill - On EVEN nights you can use the command Kill: player. The player will die.
You can not use the factional ninja shot the same night the factional kill is used. You also can't use your strongman shots the same night your factional shots are used.

You have the power to vote!

Scum Team: Hup

Scum Thread: Hup

---

Main Thread:Away!

Day 2 Begins

Vote tool:

Day 2 Ends In:
2osg53wqgx

Last edited:

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Ok. I'm preparing this post beforehand while we are waiting through the night phase. Hopefully I didn't get killed and I'm able to post this (Yay!!!). I'll be posting this as soon as the day begins, so I'll adress any night changes in a later post.

Finally, I have information to chew on.

So. The Anex wagon. Let's talk about that, shall we?

These were the people who voted for Anex:
Maolfunction / Maol - #560
HPSauce / HP - #1,083
TheChuggernaut / Chugg - #1,098
Sawneeks / Sneeks - #1,111
Randomless / Ran - #1,157
c4e5g3d5 / c4 - #1,203
Hawthorn - #1,256
Sorian - #1,375
Stantastic / Stan - #1,403
Neki - #1,406
I'm not listing Saw's and C4's previous posts to keep this cleaner.

That's 50% of the players. By mere probability there was surely a scum (or more) in there.

Out of these, I don't see us getting too much information out of both Neki and Stan, given that they voted during the last minutes of the day. Stan, in particular missed almost all of the dayphase (because timezones, understandable), and just folloed the bandwagon.

Sorian is w/e, he already said he was neutral and we'll presumably get confirmation of his ability via Chugg. I see no point for the time being in prodding here.

Out of the 7 remaining, the one that pings my radar the most (so to speak) is Hawthorn.

Her first post of note is her initial list of reads which has already been discussed before.
I town read HP. I find Maol, Random, and Ephi to be very good town players, so I don't want to vote them out D1, and so far their posts today have backed this up, though it's not enough for a full town read. I've moved past finding that one vote on HP suspicious from Random-- I think it was clearly when reading the surrounding posts that it was just a meta-reference to the last name. LP hasn't posted much, as usual, but I often find his posts helpful on later days if he's town, so since I have nothing against him I wouldn't vote him out D1.

Of my short list, I would probably order it:
1. Sparks
2. EC
3. Fate
4. Chuggernaut
5. neki
6. anex

However I'm not going to vote until I see more of how the day plays out
This was immideately responded with pushback by Chugg c4 and Sorian due to the weak reasoning. After that the topic was dropeed while the players focused their attention elsewhere. She then voted for EC at roughly the halfway point of Day 1.

Later on she seemingly changes her view on LP (post # 721) and writes up her reads on both him and Anex (which, by that point were beginning to be discussed more).

Share the concern over LP's generalized suspicion. Particularly his "everyone's too chummy" thing which he's now doubled down on. This is bad because he's not directing his suspicion, not explaining why certain players are particularly too trusting in a suspicious way, just releasing a general cloud of "things feel suspicious, let's encourage an atmosphere of distrust and paranoia". Classic mafia behavior.

The case on anex -- I can kind of see it. Only kind of. He was in my PoE, but it feels attenuated, and a bit jumping on his unusual style i.e. not performing the stereotype of "town" behavior. Will reread him if by some miracle I have time tomorrow, and would vote for him vs anyone outside of my voting pool.

After that she votes for LP despite her previous claims. This is before the Anex wagon even existed, at the time (and including Anex's vote on LP) the votes were tied 3 ways between Anex, Haw and LP.

And then, neqaring the end of the day (but not during the end-end of day) she changes votes for Anex because of his claim.
vote: anexanhume

I don't care about this being a significant character. It's not at all without precedent for gamerunners to give mafia fake claims that include main characters. This is such an easy fake claim, after all that fanfare, that it's tipped it over the edge for me. I'll switch back if anex elaborates & it's convincing, but I'm not buying it.

Given the direction the discussion was going to, this change of vote could be seen as understandable. But I have the feeling that her first vote on LP before was to remove attention from herself and move discussion onto anex/LP. The jump onto Anex's wagon seems like a not too early - not too late vote that seemed too convenient to make when discussion was at an all time high, without risk of being accused of hammering.

FoS: Hawthorn.

Now. The other player I want to discuss is HP. Granted, scumdar is pinging less on him. But does anyone else feel like his contributions on day 1 were... kinda flat?

The biggest contributions I could find from him were his post roundups (which, honestly, kinda feel like a small smopkescreen to seem helpful), and his adamant refusal to vote inactives (which, granted, I also participated in) resulting in his vote against Anex.
He also said he was going to post a read list, but never did (this could be because of real life, so I don't think this is that important).

For such a flat performance, I'm surprised many people read HP as a townie. Even I said that HP seemed townie. But now I'm not so sure.

In particular, I'd like to point out Anex's take on this:
I'm done for today. Going to do some homework and workout. Good luck town if I'm not back tomorrow.

I'd look at HP. Already is coasting on the goodwill of his chronology posts, casting doubt on everyone suggesting policy votes, and then he favors voting for people who have more interactions but then doesn't actually commit to a vote. Don't let him skate yet again.

FoS: HP.

I don't have many comments on the other players on the wagon. Random and C4 do appear like genuine townies. Chuggs seems talkative and protownish. And I need to reread Saw and Maol.

Let's see the other mayor wagon of yesterday. LP's wagon consisted of the following players:
  • Hawthorn - #835-#1,256
  • 💀 Anexanhume / Anex - #863-#1,128
  • jman1954goat / Jman - #1,002
  • Ephidel / Ephi - #1,027
  • EzekelRAGE - #1,052

I'm keeping Haw's vote here to illustrate her voting patterns

Now here is the other biggest wagon that formed yesterday. There could be scum hiding here as well. Out of the three remaining voters, I'm not seeing much. None of them strike me as inconsistent. And I don't know what to make of Zeke yet. jman in particular has little to go on besides the whole baiting me thing he did when I asked about night activity clarification.

Ephi was kinda against my initial Haw analysis response to Chugg. But She actually seemed to support Anex.So I think that is just town play.

I do agree with previous posts that the reasons to vote LP later on were kinda weak, and the three posters mentioned above gave little to no explanation. Maybe a reason to keep an eye on them.

Besides the two main wagons, I'd like to point out the following:
1.- LP pretty much disappeared when his bandwagon was starting (he was around three votes at the time). Him offering no further comment kinda muddies the waters around him, so to speak. He was the only one to not vote, so that leaves us with little information about him besides the meta reads (which I can't comment on). His absence makes me a little suspicious, but it could be real life.

2.- Chesire's vote on Sorian near the EoD was interesting in that she used it supposedly to "try and gauge reactions", but nothing ever came out of it. Was this a poor attempt to start a wagon against Sorian at the time Anex was suggesting it? If Chesire was scum, it could be seen as an attempt to say that she was active votewise during EoD while remaining free of the wagon.

3.- Fate remained steadfast on his vote against Haw. We'll have to see what Hedin has to say about the day before coming to any conclusions. I'll reread his posts later.

4.- FDS and EC give little to no information to go on with their votes. FDS claim is also kinda funky.

Given what I've explained above, my current biggest suspicions fall on the following (in order, from most, to least):
  • Hawthorn
  • HP
  • CheshireCat
  • LP
I won't vote until we later on when we have a discussion going.

Of course, this analysis is subject to change given the results of N1, but I'll get there when I get there.

Ok. That is enough for now. Going to go back to Anex's posts to see if I can find something else.

Addendum:
It means Neon's said some things that I think implied he knew Hawthorn and LP weren't wolves

Also C4, bringing back this because I'd like to know what made you think this. As in, what did I say?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Wait. A scum died. This changes my read posts.

2 hours semi down the drain.

Anyways. Back to the post pile.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was not what i expected at all. grats to whoever got the scum but also holy shit, Rando was scum???

c4e5g3d5

Jul 11, 2021
If I want to stay in denial then the lack of any town death significantly increases the likelihood of that flip being fake

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I want to stay in denial then the lack of any town death significantly increases the likelihood of that flip being fake
my thought as well since this game is bastard. but for the sheer sake of my sanity i'm just going to go with it until we get evidence that suggests otherwise.

Oh god I hope that flip is fake. I am not prepared for two scum teams with a game of this size
???????????

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Shirou doubling down on voting HP is interesting. I think the anger there is genuine, but it could be exaggerated to try and get a mis-elim with plausible deniability. He seems more passive and blasé than recent games I played with him when he was town and neutral. He seems to be more on the defensive than on the attack, like I am used to seeing from him. I get being discouraged after the last game, but I'd argue Shirou was the strongest townie in that game. He should feel good about his solving skills. I want to see more fire from him.

HP on the other hand. I thought I saw someone say he has more reads this day phase than he had the entire last game, and I would semi-jokingly agree with that. I cannot find that post even after re-reading the thread multiple times looking for it so maybe it is an original thought, but if not I apologize for plagiarism. I feel cautiously okay about HP so far. If this keeps up I won't vote there today.

Unvote

Okay well I disagree. I have a lot of respect for HP and his town game. I think he's a really strong player, and despite my meme grudge vote, I don't actually want to yeet him if he's town because he's a good solver and that's valuable to town.

We've still got plenty of time. Why not you instead of HP?

Is this... the return of town HP? I really like this energy. I will echo others' notes that this is a good start but isn't super in-depth despite the effort. I want to see more, but from this post it seems like we will be getting more.

Fake Edit:

And here we are getting more. HP is arriving at stronger conclusions here that aren't as safe. I don't quite agree about Maol but I appreciate that HP is thinking for himself here. I would say I feel good about HP today now.

Yeah. If we continue with the suposition that Rando is legit scum, I'm feeling more confident in my HP read.