• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Police in Nigeria have rescued 10 people, including four children, four pregnant women and two other women from an illegal maternity home, a spokesman said on Wednesday.

The operation was carried out at the so-called "baby factory" in the Mowe area of the southwestern Ogun state on Tuesday.

"Acting on a tip-off, our men stormed the illegal maternity home and rescued 10 people, including four kids and six women, four of whom are pregnant," police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi told AFP news agency.

He said the women told police that the owner hired men to impregnate them and then sell the newborns for profit.

"The operator of the centre is on the run but we are intensifying efforts to arrest her and bring her to justice," he said.

Oyeyemi said the operator had been previously arrested for the same offence.

"She had been standing trial for human trafficking after her arrest early this year but she was on bail when she went back to her usual business."

Police raids on illegal maternity units are relatively common in Nigeria, especially in the south.

www.aljazeera.com

Nigeria police rescue 10 people after ‘baby factory’ raid

Rescued women told police the owner hired men to impregnate them and then sell the newborns for profit.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sometimes I think nothing could possibly shock me anymore but then I come across shit like this.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Please see announcements/Guide to Era:
Do not create: Shock threads
These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.