• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

This is just fucking sad. Bunch of fucking man babies. Like can't we let SMT fans be happy? Honestly at this point I feel like Metacritic needs to just do away with user reviews entirely. They are just abject trash that idiot gamers try to weaponize against developers.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Imagine being such a petulant little shit that you go out to review-bomb shit on Metacritic because... *checks notes* a different game was marketed to you.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've seen a bunch fake shit about this "controversy" all day from all sides. There's this and then there's that collage of Youtube thumbnails going around on twitter that includes a completely fake Arlo thumbnail.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I understand the desperate need to be so anti-negativity that you invent negativity to criticize people regarding.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
People are quick to want to shit on Nintendo fans ya?

It's ok bruh you'll get 'em next time

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Be careful in the future of this kind of thing.

(User reviews on metacritic are still terrible.)

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
It's great how misinformation just spreads like wildfire. I'm sure a little bit of it happened today, but like others have said this happened a long while ago.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Why does this not seem to happen on movies? I never see anyone review bombing a movie on IMDB or something. Gamers are weird.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just knew watching the Direct last night that SMT was going to suffer for being the only interesting thing in it :(

They really should have announced the stuff on their own platform.
Why does this not seem to happen on movies? I never see anyone review bombing a movie on IMDB or something. Gamers are weird.
It happens all the time. A lot of films in the imdb top 250 have been bombed to try and raise the scores of other stuff (everything around The Dark Knight received a lot of 1s to try and push that to the number 1 spot, etc).

Sep 14, 2018
I'm amused at the response being that it was review bombed a year ago.

Nintendo fans review bombed a franchise on metacritic (lol) but it's ok cause it happened a while back.

If you change the title to "after X reason", how is that any better again?

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

The same people who review Bomb games absolutely review bomb movies too. I'm sure if you look up any marvel or star wars movie they'll have tons of 0/10s or whatever on rotten tomatoes.

Captain marvel jumps to mind as probably the most high profile example of a bunch of incel losers review bombing a very successful movie.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017

Nintendo fans review bombed a franchise on metacritic (lol) but it's ok cause it happened a while back.

But op said it's happened after mini direct. So they traveled back to the past :P

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018

There's no proof it was Nintendo fans that did it over a year ago...

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Well it may not have been a review bomb but the directs got bombed instead.
Although who knows if this also wasn't from that impressive SMT hater gang ?
What a mystery !

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
It started in 2018 I believe and no one has any idea IIRC.

That's... Strange. It usually takes a group effort to successfully review bomb so surely someone must have some idea what's going on?

I'm almost certainly going to at least get SMT3 and maybe 5 if it turns out well. These announcements are of more interest to me then basically anything Nintendo likely has cooking (outside of Metroid and F-Zero).

Status
Not open for further replies.