• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ This news makes me ecstatic. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

https://nintendo.co.il/

Here is a reddit thread. Seems to be a liscened regional via an official importer/brand manager thing instead of a direct branch like kinda how Apple used to do things retail-wise in Israel.

https://old.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/b8m33d/official_nintendo_support_coming_to_israel_soon/

Gonna be nice to visit Netanya and see real product instead of bootlegs at their game stores. Like seriously, there is a huge bootleg problem. Some form of an official presence might alleviate that.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
They should do something about their presence elsewhere before they expand. Last I remember reading, their presence in Russia wasn't a good look.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
happy to see Nintendo coming to Palestine, congrats to all the gamers there!

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Is anti-Semitism bannable on ResetEra?

There's a difference between being critical of a government and denying a people's right to exist, fam.
Are you new to this place or never enter resetera?

I would hope that mods would at least contain this vile rethoric in resetera, if for whatever reason they don't sanction it there, so I can at least use this side of the forum.

EDIT: I know you aren't new to this place :)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
That you don't even realize what you did is all the more worrying.

Nintendo has not opened a branch in the state of Palestine (at least, to my reading of the OP). They have opened a branch in the state of Israel. Israel is a legal administrative entity recognized by international law and the Right of Self-Determination of People's codified in the Fourteen Points after World War I.

You can criticize the Netanyahu government of Israel and its treatment of Palestinians all day, every day. But denying the right of Israel to exist is anti-Semitism, plain and simple.

I would hope that mods would at least contain this vile rethoric in resetera, if for whatever reason they don't sanction it, so I can at least use this side of the forum.
I tend to stay out of OT, lol. There's a lot of stupid shit in politics threads, and occasionally some of it is vile.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017

There's a difference between being critical of a government and denying a people's right to exist, fam.
Israel in its current state is occupying a lot of territories that doesn't belong to it. There's nothing "anti-Semitism" with calling them out on how a lot of their land actually belong to Palestine.

I would hope that mods would at least contain this vile rethoric in resetera, if for whatever reason they don't sanction it there, so I can at least use this side of the forum.

EDIT: I know you aren't new to this place :)
There're a lot of things wrong with ResetEra. Their stance on Israel is not one of them.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It all depends on how they do it really. There is a fairly throng gaming community in Israel and more than a few Nintendo fans. As long as they roll out product promptly and take brand awareness seriously, they could do very well.

I think they were referring to the thread more than the news contained therein.

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
It all depends on how they do it really. There is a fairly throng gaming community in Israel and more than a few Nintendo fans. As long as they roll out product promptly and take brand awareness seriously, they could do very well.
I was actually talking about the thread but judging by how they do things in the Middle East they're not going to be making a splash by any means anyway.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Israel isn't people. It's an apartheid-filled government system that should end.
Israel in its current state is occupying a lot of territories that doesn't belong to it. There's nothing "anti-Semitism" with calling them out on how a lot of their land actually belong to Palestine.
โ˜๏ธ
Shame on Nintendo and any company that does business with them.
That nation should be Boycotted, Divested and Sanctioned.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

The Israeli government is actively trying to deny palestians rights to exist in their land. People here are talking about the government, not the citizens

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, South America is SOL. Priorities.

This really isn't Nintendo expanding as much as it is a partnership initiated by an external entity. I'd personally love it if Nintendo got a regional branch in Southeast Asia so that we could get digital copies of Bandai Namco Asia titles, but it's rather irrelevant to the affairs of distributors in countries Nintendo has no interest in expanding to themselves.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Kinda like how Israel is ethnically cleansing all of Palestine and refusing to recognize Palestinians right to exist multiple times against international law?

Israel is a far right apartheid state that has been about illegal expansion and ethnic cleansing since its official founding in '48.

Fam.

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ This news makes me ecstatic. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ

https://nintendo.co.il/

Here is a reddit thread. Seems to be a liscened regional via an official importer/brand manager thing instead of a direct branch like kinda how Apple used to do things retail-wise in Israel.

https://old.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/b8m33d/official_nintendo_support_coming_to_israel_soon/

Gonna be nice to visit Netanya and see real product instead of bootlegs at their game stores. Like seriously, there is a huge bootleg problem. Some form of an official presence might alleviate that.
What bootleg problem? you can find the switch and most of its games in the game stores, there's just no official warranty if let's say your joy con doesn't work right so that's what most of this news is about.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Given this thread was not made in good faith and was an attempt to rile users up, it has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.