• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you going to renew your Nintendo online subscription?

• Of course, it has too much functionality for me

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No, the service has been disappointing

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I never subscribed in the first place lol

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
If, like me, you signed up for Nintendo's online service last September, you should have received an email notification this month reminding you that the renewal period is coming up soon.

A year has passed, and Nintendo online is...basically where it started. Its functionality is as follows: (taken from https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/)

Online functionality
Cloud Saves
A Nes catalogue
"Special Offers"

That's it. Realistically, the only two important functionalities here are the online access and cloud saves, and cloud saves are a free functionality for PS4 and Xbox users. If you aren't playing games with online functionality on the regular, why do you even have a subscription at this point? Is anyone actually playing the NES games?

After considering this info, I decided NOT to renew my Nintendo online subscription. What about you?

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
I ended up buying Mario Maker 2 with the year subscription packed in (the only copy they store had at the time), so I'm stacked for another year I guess. I don't think I would've subscribed again if not for that, though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Where else would I get the monthly onslaught of classic NES/SNES titles? I'll never get enough time to play them all, but I do appreciate Nintendo overwhelming me with the sheer number of them.

(Serious Answer: It all depends on what upcoming Nintendo title uses the online features. Mario Maker 2 is a lot of fun though...)

Status
Not open for further replies.