• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meh

• I agree, I wish Nintendo would just announce a direct

Votes: 98 33.6%
  • This thread is pointless, why did you make it?

Votes: 194 66.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
So, it has been 3 months since the Nintendo Direct Mini, which in my opinion wasn't very memorable, so it's been 9 months since the last big Nintendo Direct and we have no idea what's happening.

No E3 Direct, we don't know what's releasing past July, no idea when Nintendo will have a Direct other than the maybe September Direct that Jeff Grubb said.

Sony just had the PS5 event, Xbox will have an event next month, and than Sony might have another event in August but Nintendo is nowhere to be seen. I totally get that Covid messed things up but I'd even take a BOTW2 trailer uploaded on Twitter at this point.

Just wanted to rant :(

Edit: Just to make people know, COVID is very serious so this thread wasn't made to brush it off like it was nothing, it's just with how 2020 is turning out some hype would be nice.

Last edited:

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo won't announce anything until they can commit to a release date, so they'll keep drip feeding announcements.

Sony and MS have no other option but to go big with announcements since they're releasing new consoles this year.

It is what it is fam. 🤷‍♂️

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
So you felt like console warring ?..

Nintendo is busy with animal crossing atm

May 15, 2019
The Direct drought only stings as much as it does because Nintendo has basically zero first party games on the horizon aside from that Paper Mario game that looks bad. Don't even know who the next Smash Bros character is and they're supposedly releasing within the next 16 days.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo won't announce anything until they can commit to a release date, so they'll keep drip feeding announcements.

Sony and MS have no other option but to go big with announcements since they're releasing new consoles this year.

Yeeeep.

That's about all there is to it. Sony and MS would be doing the exact same thing if they didn't have new hardware launching this year.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
When they are ready to announce things, they will. Go and play some games while you wait.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You might get 6 more NES games by December but I can't even promise that much.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'd wait till after Paper Mario is out, at this point. Seems to be the way they're doing things.

But yeah there're plenty of third party games heading to Switch and we'll probably see even more announced as part of that New Game+ expo as most of the publishers there have been very good with Switch support

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017

Yeah its basically this. Nintendo rarely announces games without knowing for certain when they're coming out (Zelda, AC are some exceptions). Since Covid has messed everything up, they probably haven't known what their release schedule will look like after July so they've held back.

I hope those Mario collections get announced soon and then we have a big Direct towards the end of the year to push Zelda in 2021.

ShogunRaichu

Oct 19, 2019
The Forgotten Borough
I really don't understand why people feel so entitled to these things regularly. I remember when nintendo used to do E3 and that was pretty much it for the year aside from sprinkles around TGS and gamescom.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Just chill with Xenoblade. That game can last you a while if you're set on doing absolutely everything.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
When it will come, it will be huge

(I hope)

Anyway, there are numerous games I want to get right now (I'm playing xenoblade, I've got bioshock collection waiting, then I should receive my W101 copy, after that crosscode, deadly premonition and some indies here and there). Maybe it's better cause covid chaos significantly impacted my wallet so...

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
"E3" sucks without Nintendo. The rest I can do without, but not having Nintendo show up really stings.

But it is what it is. Hopefully things get better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.