• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you know The Spoiler of Final Fantasy VII?

• Yes

Votes: 1,118 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
NO OPEN SPOILERS

With talks of the Final Fantasy VII remake, there has been discussion of plot points from the game. Some that have been basically worldwide knowledge during the game's release. But that was over 20 years ago. How many people still know about it?

If you know what it is about, vote yes.
If you don't know what it is about, vote no.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I've never played FFVII, and I know it. I've known about it for at least 15 years.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Cait Sith's dark and horrible secret? Oh yes. How could anyone forget? Nightmares for years.

Solidus

Oct 27, 2017
Never in my life did I think I'd enter a thread about FF7 that starts with "NO OPEN SPOILERS."

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
This is an enthusiast's forum, so this poll won't exactly be indicative of the general public.

But I've never played FFVII and know most of the big story beats and twists.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
This discussion is silly. It's not a spolier for something 20 years old. There should be zero expectation here.

Deleted member 26900

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only people who should not know are people that are too young to have played it. I think it's way too out there not to know now. Even if you don't spoil it here, they will find out easily through other venues.

This discussion is silly. It's not a spolier for something 20 years old. There should be zero expectation here.

Also this.

headfallsoff

Mar 16, 2018
The Spoiler in FF7 is doing a lot of heavy lifting by being so well known because it completely hides the fact that
it's not by any measurement the game's real twist.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Only thing I have heard about is
Some girl( The one from the latest trailer?) is killed later in the game. Would've loved to play the game not knowing that but it is what it is. I have been hearing about that for years now. No idea how important to the plot it is and if it is the thing OP is talking about though lol.
Other than this I don't know anything about the game.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

One Winged Slayer
Mar 22, 2018
There's always people experiencing things for the first time, and I'm not going to be the one to ruin something for someone - especially in a generic public conversation about the game where there's no reason to bring it up.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never played FF7 and I know the main story beats, including the big spoilery element. But I mean, that element is one of the reasons the game left the impact it did. It's a bit like Fight Club or Saw: it's really hard to talk about the story's strengths without spoiling the big plot point.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Is the "I am your father" of videogames. The only way to not know about it is born past 2005 or something like that (or living in a cave in the end of the nineties).

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Couldn't tell you an exact A to B, but I've got a good idea of the general themes and setpieces.

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think that's the only worthwhile thing that happens in the game with the way people talk about one death that happens before the half way mark.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Somebody is still going to come in here and obnoxiously post it with that no spoilers prefix.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how everyone considers this a big spoiler. It happens on the first disc and was in a ton of the marketing.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's kind of like The Sixth Sense or Luke Skywalker's father or whatever - it's one of the most famous twists in the medium.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I don't think I do. It's a game I've wanted to play since I was kid but going back to it last year, it was a chore and I ended up dropping it.

I know what happens to a character but I'm assuming that's not the spoiler?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
NO OPEN SPOILERS

With talks of the Final Fantasy VII remake, there has been discussion of plot points from the game. Some that have been basically worldwide knowledge during the game's release. But that was over 20 years ago. How many people still know about it?

If you know what it is about, vote yes.
If you don't know what it is about, vote no.

Interestingly, I think the more interesting spoiler actually comes much later in the story.

Edit:
I feel like there's the obvious one and then the actual good one that less people know

I think you're thinking of what I'm thinking of.

Zornack

Oct 29, 2017
It's the luke im your father of games for people in this forum's age bracket. I'm sure younger people don't, though.

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm telling you guys, the twist with the remake will be that the big spoiler you speak of doesn't happen. And frankly, it's not a spoiler. It's two decades old.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you guys, the twist with the remake will be that the big spoiler you speak of doesn't happen. And frankly, it's not a spoiler. It's two decades old.

And then they'll go in a separate storyline direction after the discovery that the timeline has been corrupted...

Turns out Final Fantasy VIIR is in fact a stealth Chrono Trigger sequel

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the Barrett and Cloud date ends up going nowhere. Dont get your hopes up

Oh yeah they are totally going to retcon the two video games and a movie that hinge on that spoiler

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be fucking terrible.

Of course it would. But I doubt they're going to release a remake with all of the same story beats when they're changing literally everything else.

And then they'll go in a separate storyline direction after the discovery that the timeline has been corrupted...

Turns out Final Fantasy VIIR is in fact a stealth Chrono Trigger sequel

Lol

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten to that part in the game but I know the big spoiler and I have a general idea of the ending.
In related news, I don't really see a point in finishing the game because I already know what happens, so there it sits in my backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.