• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Does Ghost of Tsushima satisfy your need for an Assassin's Creed set in Japan?

• No, they are totally different things, what are you talking about?

Votes: 11 13.8%
  • No, they are similar but I want to see Ubi's take on the setting

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • Yes, Ghost of Tsushima satisfies my needs for a AC set in feudal Japan.

Votes: 44 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
I want to preface this with 2 caveats:
1. Of course more than one game can exist in feudal Japan. There isn't some weird arbitrary cutoff that says both of these things can't live side by side in some capacity
2. GoT is a console exclusive and everyone may not have that console.

So I picked up Ghost of Tsushima on launch day and have been really enjoying it so far. I'm only about 10 hours in or so and still in the first act but what I've done has been great. I saw a lot of comparisons in reviews and discussions about how simliar it is to Assassin's Creed and I can definitely see the parallels. AC tends to lean a little more into the mythical side of things where as GoT seems much more grounded, but for the most part I feel like GoT is scratching the itch I've had for an AC Japan.

If Ubi released an AC Japan, I probably buy it still, but as of now, GoT is satisfying that desire for me and I no longer feel the need for that particular AC game. What do you think?

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
It's better than any AC game by a mile, in every single way

I'm more than satisfied with the game.

And I had zero hype for it

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anything I'd rather have a Tsushima sequel with bigger cities, more detail and better character models than having Ubisoft attempt it.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I doubt it would be as good as Ghost because I've never played an Assassin's Creed game anywhere close to being as good as Ghost. Ghost is my current Game of the Year. But your point about Ghost being exclusive is true, so maybe it would be a way for others to experience a similar - yet in all likelihood inferior - game.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Between Ghost of Tsushima, Sekiro, and Nioh, I feel like the gamut of grounded to nontraditional mythology to traditional mythology in the context of feudal Japan is pretty covered. I just don't know what Ubisoft could add to it to compel me to play it over GoT (though yeah, a multiplatform release helps).

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I have less of a desire not because of Ghost of Tsushima, but because of the recent revelations about Ubisoft tbh

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I haven't played it yet, but I love the time period and setting and really, it's kinda a perfect one for an Assassin's Creed game.

People that are shitting on Ubisoft games are baffling to me. GoT seems to have much of the DNA of any recent Assissin's Creed games. So if you love Ghosts, why wouldn't you like Origins or Odyssey?

Status
Not open for further replies.