• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
The Last of Us Part II has officially been delayed from February to May of 2020. The game's director stated this was due to a desire for "Naughty Dog quality." While many are likely upset over the delay, it could signal a bigger and better release for Playstation 5.

Right now, there's no confirmed PlayStation 5 iteration of The Last of Us Part II. However, given that PS4 got a version of the first The Last of Us, it's very likely the PS5 will get its own version of the sequel. This version would probably have superior graphics, handling, options, and perhaps more mechanics. It isn't known to be in development, but given The Last of Us Part II's release date close to the 2020 holiday release window of the PlayStation 5, a PS5 iteration is likely inbound.

I will definitely wait for 4K/60fps RayTraced PS5 version, what about you?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you people keep telling yourself this? Is there even going to be a separate release? Or is there just BC with PS5 mode?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
why would i risk spoiling myself.
and there is a good chance that the game is just BC with PS5

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
The install base of the PS4 versus the intall base of a PS5 at launch? It would make no financial sense whatsoever to do this.

If that's what your insinuating.

It'll get a port down the line for sure. But that's years away.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
If you want the possibility of the GOAT to be spoiled for you it's a great idea. I am not gonna wait an possibly ruin a great experience.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe if your backlog is huge

I can't wait though
Everything else is put aside for this

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
And have it spoiled for me? Nah.

I will however wait for GoT because I imagine the wait to play that on PS5 wont be that long.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
There's no reason to wait for a PS5. If PS5 works like PS4 Pro with vanilla PS4, you can simply patch later increased res, framerate and effects exactly like devs do now. This in theory should eliminate the option to re-release "remastered" of current gen games on Ps5.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I'm buying it day one and I really don't think there will be a specific version for the ps5. It may be enhanced for it but I don't think they'd be able to charge people who already own it more money if the console is backward compatible.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
maybe if you're not fully interested into TLOU2, have a huge backlog or just don't have enough time.

For me, there is no reason to wait longer. I'm gonna play this game at least two times when it releases and then another time when ps5 will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.