• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have nothing profound to say. Just want to let y'all know I'm finally playing New NSMB Deluxe New Switch Edition. I don't even know what to say. Just as bad as the prior three. I'm a sucker for Nintendo and all things Mario though. It isn't even that it's "bad". Just dull. I knew it would be though. I knew this. Yet here I am. The music is stupid. The way Mario moves irritates me. The way the enemies stop and make that stupid face at you (synchronized with that, again, stupid music). I literally couldn't get past the first 3 levels before shutting off my switch. Falling asleep.

I wish they'd stop making these. Mario 3D World is absolutely brilliant. Mario 3D Land...brilliant? It proves they still have their 2D/2.5D chops. So why this? Why do they keep doing this? Only saving grace is finally having something I can play with my gf over the weekend. But still...this is the last time I give this series a shot. Alright.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Ive had a ton of fun playing it with my roomate who doesnt play games, me and her have a blast.

But i agree, playing solo is a travesty. Just dull and generic in terms of level design, reptitive music, and lack of creativity with alot of the zones.

Id prefer they port over 3d world for some co op fun.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
It has been a long ass time since one was made, though. The music is trash but the gameplay is super fun.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fun fact: you don't have to play every game that comes out

What a dumb thread title

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
It's one of the best 2D Marios. Maybe just don't play games you dislike and get over yourself.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
But they aren't making any more. It's just a port of the Wii U version from 6 years ago. (which I have beaten at 100% many times, as it's great—and I would love for Nintendo to actually make a new one)

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
Have you played New Super Luigi U yet, though? Arguably the better solo experience out of the two.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
People who love, love, love platformers love them but I'll admit I possess neither the skill nor undying affection for all things Mario that would possess me to buy another one.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I'm glad I only got to play New Super Mario Bros U with the Deluxe version. My siblings played the original version on Wii U but I never really got into them. But I finally caved in with this one and I've been having a blast! It helps that I haven't played any of the other ones at all.

Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that the Mario Maker series is a user-driven goodbye from Nintendo to that drab artstyle/gameplay, thanks to the wealth of possibilities and content a community like that can provide, rendering new 2D NSMB entries redundant. I'd love a vibrant reimagining on the level of Rayman Origins for the Mario 2D treatment.

Critch

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Someone at Nintendo just started crying and throwing all their design work in the garbage.

"It doesn't matter that 10 million people will buy this, he said please!"

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Sorry you hate fun OP As I said in the other thread I don't think it's as good as SMW, but it's the only game that's come close. I have a hard time arguing it's not the best one once you factor in New Super Luigi U. That takes all the quirky speedrun fun I got out of SMW in a nice, shiny, new package with just enough novelty to make a huge impression on me. I'd say try that part of the game if you haven't

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I'm the biggest Nintendo Stan there is and adore the Mario franchise. But I agree, OP, after the first game on DS I've been bored by them.

Sonic Mania is leaps and bounds better than any NSMB game.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Threads telling developers to stop making games because you dislike them: Please stop making these.

OP
OP
breakfuss

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's one of the best 2D Marios. Maybe just don't play games you dislike and get over yourself.

I went in with an open mind. These games are so unimaginative. It's like a running joke. Sorry to have offended you.

And yes, I misspoke. "Port" ...whatever. 3D World is so much more deserving. That game is a pure blast with some of THE best music.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OP this is on you. Don't play them. They're there for people who enjoy them but it's OK that you're not one of those people.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
the last new one came out in 2013. they stopped making them since the Switch release is a port.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I feel If New Super Mario Bros U just had a different well liked art style and nothing else wasn't different. people would be calling it one of the greatest 2D Mario games

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
Well, for me, the NEW series became bland because the aesthetic, the mechanic and the music.

Then I realized they were the main pillars of a Mario game. The 4th one would be the multiplayer aspect, which I think it's better on the 3D World style, but multiplayer would never be a focus in a Mario game.

So yeah, the NEW series needs to go away.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sincerely do not understand the burning hatred this series gets around here.

Personally, I'm having blast with NSMBU Deluxe and I'm so glad they brought it over to the Switch as I feel I missed out on a lot of great Wii U exclusives.

I also think people who say NSMBU Deluxe lacks challenge are full of it. Game can be absolutely brutal at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.