• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Searched for a similar thread and didn't see one, so if old news kindly close the thread.

Players of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain have apparently succeeded in disarming all nuclear weapons (albeit for a short time) on the PS3 version of the game.
Seems to be currently the only legitimate trigger of the hidden cutscene. It's happened before on PC, but because the amount of nukes created overflowed the counter on the server and set a value of 0.

I've only developed one nuke in my playthrough on PC for 100% completion before disarming it. I've also managed in FOB to steal some nukes to disarm, but the server client has been notoriously bugged. Impressive if PS3 players managed to do this (but due to the low player base on PS3 5 years after release I figure it's more realistic than current gen platforms).

Source: https://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=35445

Status
Not open for further replies.