• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
Went on sale 4 minutes ago....

Instantly sold out on Nvidia.com

Why did I even try?

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I was on Best Buy Canada's site and was refreshing constantly. It popped up, had it in my cart, all my info was in except for the back digits of my CC and before I clicked order it popped up and said sold out.

I timed it 35 seconds and it was sold out. Fuck this launch.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
The Radiohead tickets of GPUs.

edit: Newegg Canada seems to be overloaded and isn't working properly.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I totally forgot about this, but it looks like I didn't stand a chance anyways.

Maehdros

Oct 29, 2017
I wanted a 3080 but got a PNY 3070 from amazon. Hopefully it holds me over for a few years.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...like...is this somekind of manufactured scarcity from Nvidia's part or are they actually unable to meet demand?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
tenor.gif

I had no luck either btw.

Otheradam

Nov 1, 2017
After the 3080, did you guys expect otherwise? I have pretty much given up on getting one for now.

AustinJ

Jul 18, 2018
Was able to snag one on Amazon, but I had to go super quick and settle for PNY (I've never had a bad experience, but I know their reputation)

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize Amazon was getting them. Oh, well, I wanted FE anyways. Best Buy was hosed the moment I got a F5 with stock available:(

Solobbos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
I got an order in, let's see if it actually went through and they didn't oversell their stock.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Had one in my cart at Best Buy but after payment (which was nearly instant) it was gone. bullsheeeeet

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
I got a 3080 on launch day, and my friend just managed to get a 3070 at msrp ^^ we've been quite lucky lol

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty lame. I'm ambivalent on whether to get one or not but the launch has been so bungled. There has to be something going on besides "underestimated" supply because the supply isn't even close to good enough, I mean it seems like only a few thousand units at most are even being made?

www.ebay.com

rtx 3070: Search Result | eBay

Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

The idea that someone is paying a 1000 dollars for a card whose whole selling point is that it matches a 1000 dollar card for half the price is really fascinating...

Dec 25, 2018
I was able to get one. I used the mobile best buy app and had PayPal pay set up. Imo it's the most advantageous set up.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JayzTwoCents youtube channel alluded that there were only 2,000 3080s available at launch. Wouldnt be surprised if the 3070 is also supply constrained.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
bUt ThEy'Re FlOoDiNg ThE mArKeT.

God what a shit show. I was able to secure my 3080 from Newegg last week. For those interested, two weeks in a row they've dropped 3080s at 8pm Eastern Friday night. (Honestly I think they're dropping them at close of business pacific time and running out the door). Steps I followed: Have cards I want in a wishlist (If you don't care which card you want and put all of them, this might be a problem, I only had two), open the iOS app and start refreshing that list 8pm sharp or a little before hand just to make sure you're on it, if you see the "add all to cart," just fucking go and check out with Apple Pay as fast as you can.

I failed at this two weeks ago, but was successful last friday. Goodluck with all this horrid bullshit.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Managed to grab one on Best Buy. Got it in my cart and then had to refresh a few times to make it into checkout. They sent the confirmation so hopefully they don't wind up canceling.

Even got to use my 10% off birthday coupon, so I spent $450 plus taxes. Was not this fortunate with attempting to grab a PS5, but now that I'm getting a 3070 I think I'll hold off until next year on a console. Need to see if those Switch Pro rumors amount to anything

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017
I made it through to Paypal at Scan, but I'm guessing there's a final confirmation step on Scan's site :\

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Remember that this is a DEMAND issue not a SUPPLY issue! Don't blame the company making the card, blame the people trying to buy it! Words of wisdom from Leatherman himself.

Why should you expect a company to plan accordingly? You guys are lucky Nvidia is even letting you have the privilege of buying it to begin with.

Sarcasm of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.