• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Weather is getting nicer and bars are open outside some are inside. Let's keep a safe distance and drink some beer.

We're likely to meet near Drop Off For Lulu depending if it is open. If not the bar across the street if they are open. Depending on the Govenor you might have to order food or get a cheese sandwich not totally sure still a month away.

Time: 3pm. Day drinking is the way to go.

Where: Drop Off Google it.

Is it true that the last meetup involved over 20 people getting shuffled into a murder room?
Yes. That was like 3 years ago.

What's the best way to contact people to make sure I don't show up somewhere alone?
Discord, slide into our dm's, or text us.

How long have these meetups been around?
Since before Era was resetted.

But I'm not a social butterfly and prefer to stay home to x activity. Strangers are weird.
We were all strangers at some point before we met. That said, we're a welcoming bunch.

I'm banned, stopped posting, from Gamefaqs or don't even have an account. Can I still come out?
Hi Ben

How many people typically come out?
On average around 10 - ∞ people; it consists of regulars and newcomers, as well as poor significant others dragged out to meet Era members. Past meetups have attracted people from out of state and even out of the country. All are welcome and no need to feel too timid or unwelcome; meetups attract folks with a wide array of interests so groups typically split into smaller conversations.

How long do these meetups last? Do you peeps always meetup at one location or move around the city?
All depending on the time we can hang for or when we just wanna go home.

Do I have to drink to be cool with you all?
Nobody will pressure you to drink so if it's water or soda you want, more power to you. A few regulars barely drink or don't drink at all. But if you drink, make sure you keep an eye on how much you consume because we preferably want you to get home safe.

But I'm poor and I'm trying to be frugal! Rent isn't cheap you know!
We all have bills to pay and are willing to take some of our time to meet up; one night out isn't going to kill your budget. If anything, someone may buy you a drink and/or share food. Plus, delightful conversation about pop-culture, New York and the meaning of life is always free. Also, don't buy anyone named Lulu a beer.

Oh no! It's too cold to be outside! You guys are crazy!
It's march. Should be warm that is why the date is up in the air.

Where I can go air out my grievances about how expensive NYC is when there isn't a meetup?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nyc-thread-the-greatest-city-on-earth.326/

Is there an NYC Era Discord I could join?

Totally!

Any reality show stars gonna be there?
YES!

Will Action Burger be getting the beer I owe him cause stupid Spongebob didn't sell?
Yes he will be

UQu5pHB.gif

Last edited:

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed that the timing of my trip to New York and the Sonic Movie meetup didn't work out. I still want to go to one of these. I'm not taking a bus from Toronto under current conditions though(are those even still happening?)

Hopefully by fall or early next year things are in a better place and I can make this happen.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
How utterly irresponsible to be arranging this right now and hyping up interstate travel to boot.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If we are safe about it I don't see an issue with it. It says at a safe distance apart in the very start of this thread. Who is interstate traveling for this?

I dunno you're the one who talks about people traveling out of state and out of country in the past.

And I don't buy you can really be that safe with 10-20 people all drinking and eating for hours.

Point is pandemic survival is still very much about minimizing frivolous events like this. This meeting of casual friends and borderline strangers is the very first type of unnecessary gathering that shouldn't even be considered let alone actively organized.

It's irresponsible, like you realize if you were on Twitter organizing this you'd be absolutely roasted right? And rightfully so, this is the exact type of event we've had threads about to deride folks for being irresponsible

OP
OP
Smokeymicpot

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno you're the one who talks about people traveling out of state and out of country in the past.

And I don't buy you can really be that safe with 10-20 people all drinking and eating for hours.

Point is pandemic survival is still very much about minimizing frivolous events like this. This meeting of casual friends and borderline strangers is the very first type of unnecessary gathering that shouldn't even be considered let alone actively organized.

It's irresponsible, like you realize if you were in Twitter organizing this you'd be absolutely roasted right?

I traveled out of state for work. That is really it cause I needed to. In a month or so when the weather is warmer. I don't see an issue with it we did it in the summer.

Most of the people that go to this know each other already. If they decide not to go to this and want to join the discord they are more than welcomed too. For another time when they want to.

Yeah it might be irresponsible people can use their own caution to do what they want. I assume they are adults.

This is all of course weather permitting if it is warm the better chance it happens.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Technically not against any rules, but given it's just going to be people going at it we're locking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.