• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless if he has mental health issues, or he's a severe asshole, he needs professional help. This shouldn't be happening so often.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
He posted an apology video earlier this morning, i hope he's okay.

EDIT: just saw the OP, sorry it didn't load the tweet.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
D9esZMbWwAAWZj8

Was posted in one of the previously closed Etika threads.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Reminder that if

if

he actually has mental health issues, mental issues can make you do insane things like killing yourself, so they can certainly make you write the F-word without you actually being an homophobe. And Etika was very publicly LGBT supportive before he started acting weird. Random example: he made a stream with Triforce (an ass but whatever) and he said something that could be interpreted as homophobic, and Etika interrupted him and said that his channel was not a place for that kind of stuff. When gay marriage was made legal in the USA, he made a video celebrating it, and the video started with him saying something along the lines of "If you disagree with gay marriage being legal please unsubscribe from my channel, I don't want that kind of people here..." Like seriously guys, I don't know why apparently mental health problems making you say the F-word is somehow out of the question..? when it can make you do way worse stuff?

This is serious, he might be dead. It might also be a disgusting "prank", in which case fuck him...but we don't really know. Please don't act like the life of Etika doesn't matter.

Last edited:

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how often this keeps happening and how it just feels inevitable that it's going to end tragically. I hope Etika just gets the fuck out of YouTube, stays out of the public eye, and actually gets help. I just want to hear he's okay, and then never hear from him again.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
One day the USA will wake up and push for better, cheaper, mental health care for everyone in this country.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they find him soon. Even if you think he's faking it, there are still family and friends that are gonna worry about him so hopefully he pops up soon to put their minds a little more on ease.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
little hints? hes being pretty direct

i meant the post about him scheduling a mental breakdown, not the suicide note video.

Hes literally done this before as a hoax. This is legit a boy cries wolf situation. Hes a racist, homophobe whose antics have essentially ridiculed people who are suicidal.

totally aware of his history. still not sure whether he has mental health issues or not. my approach to stuff like this is to always assume someone needs help. why? because running with that assumption does me no harm and might help someone out in the long run.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Imagine being concerned over a person known for hoaxes exactly like this and other terrible shit to add.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've had two or three threads on this and the mods keep closing them just because discussion isn't productive or some shit, but if they're going to keep cropping up like this I feel like obviously this is something we want to talk about until we have an update.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Don't you have to be missing at least 24 hours before the cops start looking for you?

ALso, if I'm the cops, I'm certainly not going to lift up every rock to search for a serial hoaxer.

VinceK

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I do hope this thread is allowed to stay open until we hear something, anything just so that some of us can have peace of mind. I am very worried about Etika right now and I can only hope that he's ok.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man some people in here...
The guy clearly has issues. Int that video he sounds pretty damn serious, too.

I agree that if this turns out to be a hoax again, we should really ban all discussion about him on here. But right now he left a video implying suicide and went missing. Not really a time to not take it seriously.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that it's almost been a day and we haven't heard anything. I used to be an avid Etika follower but I dropped his shit during the last incident as that was the last straw for me. But I really hope he's okay. I can't imagine how it would feel to be his mother for both of her children to die like this and at such young ages.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory Commentary in a Sensitive Thread
Imagine having empathy for somebody clearly dealing with mental health issues.

I don't have empathy for any person as manipulative as he is or one that thrives upon negative reactions they set out to get. Mentally ill or not, empathy is only for people who deserve it.

Oct 25, 2017
If?

Here is the problem:
If this is real, the worst possible likely happend and we can make this into a condolence topic.
If not, this is another hoax or will at least be perceived as another hoax.

So it's a lose-lose situation anyway.

Whats the lose lose?

If this is a hoax, we ban this shit from era.

win.

Hope he's ok and this is a hoax or something. That is the most ideal outcome.

Oct 27, 2017
In this scenario, I think the whole "planned" part of it is likely a front of false bravado because maybe he feels himself cracking under the pressure. He's got to know that, if this is a publicity stunt, it's ruining his career.

OP
OP
alexi52

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
I don't have empathy for any person as manipulative as he is or one that thrives upon negative reactions they set out to get. Mentally ill or not, empathy is only for people who deserve it.
Yikes, thriving off of negative reaction is common for people with mental illness

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man I really hope this is just another stunt. Dude should stay off social media for a while, it's clearly not doing him well.

One day the USA will wake up and push for better, cheaper, mental health care for everyone in this country.
As long as there's a stigma against mental illness (which isn't only in the US), these kinds of things will still happen.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just because a suicidal person doesn't go through with suicide one time doesn't make their suicidal ideation a 'hoax'. That's an extremely ignorant view of suicide and suicidal ideation.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless if he has mental health issues, or he's a severe asshole, he needs professional help. This shouldn't be happening so often.
Actually, its not regardless of mental health. If his mental wellbeing wasn't a factor, this either wouldn't be happening or be an asshole "prank", in which case he wouldn't deserve the sympathy.

And while he IS a prick(mental issues or not), if this is serious, which I'd rather believe is than not, he does need help, badly.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
It is impossible to know Etica's true state of being for anyone of us, but I do hope he is okay.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Is his mental illness to blame for his homophobic shit too? Or the anti-semtic stuff?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I feel for the guy and I hope he gets the help he needs.

That being said, if this turns out to be a hoax, I also put forward the notion of banning threads about him from Era.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Whether this is a serious situation or not, we don't think the conversation will be productive while we wait to find out what is going on. We have decided to close this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.