• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tech@Facebook

As more people got into VR with Quest 2, we started receiving reports that a very small percentage of Quest 2 customers experienced some skin irritation after using the removable foam facial interface that comes with Quest 2 and is also sold separately, including as a part of the Fit Pack. While the rate of reports is small and the majority of reported cases are minor, we're committed to ensuring our products are safe and comfortable for everyone who uses them.

Today, we're introducing a new silicone cover for all customers globally, including as part of a joint voluntary recall of the Quest 2 removable foam facial interface with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Health Canada. In addition, we've been communicating with global regulators and are taking the extra step of temporarily pausing sales of Quest 2 globally while we work to include the new silicone covers in all Quest 2 packages. The new silicone cover fits over the Quest 2 removable foam facial interface and starting on August 24, all Quest 2 headsets will come with a silicone cover included in every box.

When Quest 2 goes back on sale in a few weeks, we'll also debut a new 128GB SKU that will come with the silicone cover included from Day 1. We're ending sales of 64GB headsets as this new SKU becomes our standard Quest 2 offering for the same price of $299 USD. We hope the larger storage size will give people more flexibility to instantly access and manage more content on a single device, while the new silicone cover will give people more ways to have a comfortable experience with both the 128GB and 256GB Quest.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty bummed about not getting that extra storage since I bought mine recently. Bad timing I guess.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Err… You already made a thread on this this morning:

www.resetera.com

New Oculus Quest 2 bundle coming Aug 24th with silicon cover 128gb storage Rumor

CNET The recall is happening a month before Facebook is updating the Quest 2 with more storage: a new version of the $299 Quest that goes on sale Aug. 24 will have 128GB of storage instead of 64GB. Quest models will include the silicone face-cover in the box from that point onward. It's awkward...

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ordered my extra sleeve today. I'm glad it's looking like we are getting more time with the Quest 2, I'd be a bit bummed if an upgrade launched this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.