• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

On which platform did you spend the most time playing games in 2021?

• PC

Votes: 34 25.0%
  • PS5

Votes: 43 31.6%
  • Xbox Series X/S

Votes: 30 22.1%
  • Switch

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Mobile

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • PS4 / XB1

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phediuk

Oct 27, 2017
It's that time again. Let us see where people were playing their games in 2021.

PC for me as usual. Barely even turned on any consoles this year.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Really tough call between PS5 and Series X as I completed about 20 games on each of them, but I think PS5 would take the edge as I played a few longer ones on that like RDR2.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
b0VxG1b.gif

Played a fair bit on PS5 and Xbox too, especially Xbox with friends.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I voted ps5 without thinking, but I spend ~2 hours every day playing on my phone so it has to be that - changed vote.

Wingus

Dec 8, 2017
Of the current gen systems I have:

• Switch > PC > PS5

Switch portability and certain exclusives (SMT5, Metroid Dread...etc) made it the most played system of the year.
PC for catching up on Steam sales.
PS5 mainly used for PS4 games other than Guardians of the Galaxy (awaiting decent sales for Sackboy and Returnal before getting those.

Feb 15, 2019
PC by far. After that I have no idea between Switch and Ps5. I've maybe played like 6 games shared between both of them. Does it count as mobile if I play on an emulator on PC? I guess I'm not actually playing on a mobile device and still playing PC so.

Oct 29, 2017
Series X by far.

Just looking at my How Long To Beat games that I've finished this year:

- 2 games finished on the Switch
- 4 games finished on the PS5
- 26 games finished on Series X

Obviously not finished every game I've played and it doesn't take into account the 140+ hours of Football Manager on PC but Series X as a whole will be way in front of other platforms for me.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox Series X.

I just kinda fell off PC gaming. The fact that I'm still on a GTX 1080 probably doesn't help that.

That said, I'm getting a new mouse delivered next week, so I'm pretty excited to use it to play games, lol.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
PC - I'm always at them when in the house (One is used as a TV and one is used as a gaming rig with a second monitor for Facebook admin stuff). Couple of hours most days at least gaming on it.

Probably put under 5 hours on the Switch and around 10 on the PS4. I want to put in more time but the convenience of the PC makes is so much easier.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Kind of difficult to be anything other than Series X or PC given how deep Gamepass has gotten the last couple of years.

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Although having a PS5, still there switch by far. Although I tend to play bigger games on PS5 and smaller games on the switch.

Oct 27, 2017
PC. It's my primary platform as I don't own either current gen system and the older stuff isn't hooked up. Played a bunch of Switch for Dread a few months ago.

Don't see much point in buying either expensive box when my PC does all the same stuff and the only games I'll miss are Sony exclusives. Considering I don't even care about this, the choice use obvious.

ConanEdogawa

Oct 31, 2017
PS5 for sure, with Switch second. That might reverse this year since my Switch backlog grew a lot in 2021. And I didn't get a Series X until just a month or two ago, so that will get some of my time next year too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 for me personally. Mainly thanks to some great games from the tail end of 2020, some great releases early in the year, and tons of games still in my backlog. Oh, and Lost Judgment, which took up most of the last few months alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.