• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

medium.com

Regarding what’s been happening

Content warning for the included screenshots involving graphic language including racist/ethnic/homophobic slurs, threats, violence, rape…

I believe this is worthy of its own thread so that their own message to the public regarding the horrific harassment isn't lost in an already very large thread.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the Epic thread because it really belongs in here:

I'm extremely tired of seeing people say "well, the announcement post was really aggressive so they kinda deserve this"

Yes, I agree the post was more aggressive than it should have been. But that kind of thing does not, in any way, justify any of the shit they're going through. There's criticism, and then there's death threats, targeted harassment, and outright fabricating comments to make it look like the devs made death threats themselves. No one fucking deserves that.

I mean, for fuck's sake, they're a two person team without a PR firm. People need to fucking chill.

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
Devs did a PR fiasco, but these kind of responses are unacceptable. This gives Sean Murray words about how to deal with toxicity more ground i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.