• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Has it ever happened before that Nintendo has had a time period where no date whatsoever was given for any announced game, not even a year? The only game that goes against this is Bravely Default 2 which they're promoting outside of Japan. I'm not sure this is even common at all for Sony or Microsoft either. Just a very interesting time for Nintendo right now... Hopefully Nintendo announces some stuff soon to make sure the Switch has a good fourth holiday.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, we are in a pandemic, no? I'm sure that adjusted a lot of stuff.

And Japanese companies haven't been the most prepared for remote work.

Oct 28, 2019
<insert reply about DON'T YOU KNOW THERE IS A PANDEMIC>

or

<insert reply about HAVE YOU SEEN THE SALES OF ANIMAL CROSSING? LOL>

or

<insert reply of EH ACTUALLY THEY HAVE HAD QUITE A LOT OF RELEASES SO THEY'RE COMING>

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Aren't they notorious for announcing things close to launch? I don't follow Nintendo that much despite enjoying their games.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
might sound like a tired a excuse but COVID was a really unique situation because even if the rest 2020 was lackluster we would have known for a fact what was coming otherwise. Hopefully those direct rumors are true otherwise I wouldn't be surprised by another Twitter announcement soon enough.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's obviously something planned to announce / tease stuff now Paper Mario is out and we're in E3 season where every other game company is showing reveals, previews and release dates for this year and beyond.

I'm expecting an E3 like Direct on the 30th revealing the 3D Mario Collection, Pikmin 3 HD a new reveal and new trailers of BotW 2, Bayonetta 3 and Monolithsoft's new title.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
<insert reply about DON'T YOU KNOW THERE IS A PANDEMIC>

or

<insert reply about HAVE YOU SEEN THE SALES OF ANIMAL CROSSING? LOL>

or

<insert reply of EH ACTUALLY THEY HAVE HAD QUITE A LOT OF RELEASES SO THEY'RE COMING>
I mean, COVID19 is a really big deal. It's not an excuse. They're entire business sectors that are on the precipice of insolvency.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Why does a thread like this appear every time we go a little bit of time without an announcement? It's normal lmao. Ok the pandemic makes things a bit out from usual but a period of time where almost nothing is announced happens often in the lead up to new announcements. It's also heavily rumoured there's a direct soon

Dr. Collins

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, we are in a pandemic, no? I'm sure that adjusted a lot of stuff.

And Japanese companies haven't been the most prepared for remote work.

Nintendo said in June that none of the games they had planned for this year have been delayed, but said games scheduled past 2020 may be affected if the remote work and pandemic continues for longer.

entremet

Oct 26, 2017
Nintendo said in June that none of the games they had planned for this year have been delayed, but said games scheduled past 2020 may be affected if the remote work and pandemic continues for longer.
I'm not just talking about development delays, but the entire marketing mix for games, which included announcements.

Marketing is a huge undertaking. It's not just commercials. It's the supply chains, PR, partnerships with retailers and the like. That's all affected by COVID19.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What do you all want us to do exactly? Protest at their offices?

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
It's a ruse so when they announce the Holy Trinity, aka Metroid V, BotW 2 and Mario HD collection all for this year people will be so shocked, money will literally fly away from their wallets.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
how many Sony published games are confirmed for this year though besides Spiderman?

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does a thread like this appear every time we go a little bit of time without an announcement? It's normal lmao. It's also heavily rumoured there's a direct soon
ldlJLVF.gif

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nintendo is really doomed this time

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Draughts and Nintendo are synonymous and rona ain't helping. I feel they have something up their sleeves for fall/Christmas they just won't announce until we get closer to the season.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As mentioned before, not only was Nintendo hit harder by the pandemic than Sony or Microsoft, but they also don't have a new system to launch. Cut them some slack.

EagleBen

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems like they are moving to announcing games much closer to there release. Good sign there's nothing big coming before October however.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Are we just going to have daily threads about this at this point? No one in ERA knows what's coming or when, but it's safe to say that Nintendo will be announcing something at some point and that they didn't decide three years ago to not start developing any games.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of expect Bravely Default 2 to be delayed into next year. If it was a bigger game, Nintendo would push for it to be released this fall no matter what, but I don't think it held the Switch holidays on its own.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
didn't we just have this thread? there would've been a direct but theres a global pandemic that messed that it up. im sure we'll hear something soon for what theyre putting out this fall/winter

Status
Not open for further replies.