• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've seen a single mention of Tulsi that hasn't immediately been responded to with claims of her being a racist or homophobe. The homophobia argument I both understand and don't. She's had a really shitty past following in her father's footsteps of promoting "traditional marriage only" in her juniority (which is not justified by her father, simply pointing it out), but she has since changed for the better, being part of the LGBT Equality Caucus of the House, coming out in support of same-sex marriage in 2012 (the same year Obama did, and a year before Hillary), and even holding a 100% score from the Human Rights Campaign on LGBT issues.

I have heard complaints about Hindu Nationalism, however, and I'm going to be completely honest: I have no clue what in particular this is about. I understand this has to do with Indian-Pakistani conflict, but I don't know much about this ordeal because I haven't looked into it at all, but her possibly sympathizing with race supremacists or religious extremists does certainly raise a brow of mine.

I do have a few qualms with her, such as her nonchalant attitude on torture or her refusal to condemn drone strikes outright, but those don't seem to be mentioned topics.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
People here have sharp blades ready for pretty much any candidate that isn't their own personal pick if you pay close attention. Its pretty funny; when the well is dry, the criticism goes to some strange places. You should REALLY check out the Beto thread where we got into the territory of "If you work in the healthcare business, your donations to liberal candidates don't/shouldn't count".

Absolutely ridiculous. I personally just don't take it seriously.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Here's a hint. The KKK and facists love her.

C9G88hEW0AAqKKQ.jpg

C9G88hIXgAAscg0.jpg

OP
OP
The Turbanator
Oct 25, 2017
She stumped for Syria's Assad.
I don't get this. She went to Syria in the aftermath of the chemical attack to see if he had anything to do with it. Sure, speaking to an "enemy" is skeevy, but she held the same position of "Assad is a war criminal" both before and after the event took place.
People here have sharp blades ready for pretty much any candidate that isn't their own personal pick if you pay close attention. Its pretty funny; when the well is dry, the criticism goes to some strange places. You should REALLY check out the Beto thread where we got into the territory of "If you work in the healthcare business, your donations to liberal candidates don't/shouldn't count".

Absolutely ridiculous. I personally just don't take it seriously.
I saw that, I'm pretty sure the healthcare donation stuff was just memes ragging on the complaints of oil money (which aren't really an actual issue against him).
Why shouldn't her homophobia be reason enough?
Because she isn't one anymore. If you're gonna judge people on the past that they've clearly left behind and voted against, then the only people who are immune of criticism on that regard are, like, Bernie and Rand.
Here's a hint. The KKK and facists love her.

C9G88hEW0AAqKKQ.jpg

C9G88hIXgAAscg0.jpg
Fascists love Yang, too. These don't tell me anything because nothing in her political views seems to align with the cunts jerking each other off on 4chan.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
She was homophobic until like 2016 when she came out in support of gay rights but only from a "Government shouldn't ban people from marrying" point of view.

She is only a non-interventionist when it fits her agenda and has openly supported dictators like Assad and Modi.

She says her stance on foreign policy is her strongest point, but I disagree entirely.

I don't hate her or think she's worse than Trump - she's a million times better - but there are so many better choices that it's hard to make the argument that anyone should be supporting her.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
what makes her a better candidate than any of the dozen other runners that would make talking about her worthwhile?

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She stumped for Syria's Assad.
But did she really though?
You sure it isn't just American propaganda like with Venezuela?
What I got was that she was afraid of a power vacuum like with Saddam and Gaddafi.
Maybe her calculation is that Assad is better than the rebels which are are primarily Al-Nusra, thus maintaining some form of stability, also the "responsibility to protect" which many rebel forces exploit, trying to stir the pot to get international forces involved.
Literally "just asking questions", I'm not a Tulsi fan, I don't like her NATO stance.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I absolutely disagree with her foreign policy and her very stupid support for foreign dictators...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Jan 2019:

The Washington Post
âś”@washingtonpost

Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard accuses fellow Democrats of "religious bigotry" in questioning judicial nominee https://wapo.st/2FkN44d

8:06 AM - Jan 10, 2019

WaPo: Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard accuses fellow Democrats of 'religious bigotry' in questioning judicial nominee

Gabbard's claim, made in an op-ed in the Hill newspaper, drew a rebuke Wednesday from another Hawaii Democrat, Sen. Mazie Hirono.
In the op-ed, Gabbard did not name any names. But she argued that some lawmakers had gone too far in their questioning of Brian Buescher, whom Trump nominated in October to serve as a district judge.
"While I oppose the nomination of Brian Buescher to the U.S. District Court in Nebraska, I stand strongly against those who are fomenting religious bigotry, citing as disqualifiers Buescher's Catholicism and his affiliation with the Knights of Columbus," Gabbard said in the op-ed.
--------------
During his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee in November, and in written questions that he answered in early December, Buescher was asked about his public statements during his 2014 campaign, his position on issues such as abortion as well as his membership in the Knights of Columbus, a Catholic fraternal society.
The organization has in recent years taken steps into the political realm, funding anti-same-sex marriage initiatives in a number of states.
Among those questioning Buescher over his membership in the Knights of Columbus were Hirono and Sen. Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.). In response to one question, Buescher defended his membership in the organization, which he said "does not have the authority to take personal political positions on behalf of all of its approximately 2 million members."
--------------
In recent weeks, the senators' grilling of Buescher has become the topic of a number of pieces in conservative media, with some comparing it to California Democrat Dianne Feinstein's questioning of the religious beliefs of another Trump nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, in 2017.
--------------
Hirono's office responded Wednesday that Gabbard was mischaracterizing her questioning of Buescher, and that the senator was voicing her concerns about the nominee's past public statements rather than his religion.
"It is unfortunate that Congresswoman Gabbard based her misguided opinion on the far-right wing manipulation of these straightforward questions," Hirono spokesman Will Dempster said in a statement.
He added that over the past two years, Hirono "has been attacked by right wing ideologues for her examination of Donald Trump's ideologically-driven nominees to the courts."
"Senator Hirono asks all judicial nominees — particularly those who have expressed very strong personal ideological views in conflict with Supreme Court precedent — if they can be fair," Dempster said. "She asked Mr. Buescher, who has a clear record of anti-choice activism, whether he could separate his personal beliefs from decisions he would make if confirmed for a lifetime appointment on the federal bench."

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Since there seems to be dispute about whether she supported foreign dictators or not, can those who claim she supported them provide a statement from here where she shows support? And those against show a statement where she condemns them?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She's homophobic, she's a religious extremist, she's an Assad apologist, she may be compromised, she's the favorite of the worst sort of people, and she has no positive qualities in a field already overflowing with much better candidates.

Oct 27, 2017
Since there seems to be dispute about whether she supported foreign dictators or not, can those who claim she supported them provide a statement from here where she shows support? And those against show a statement where she condemns them?
Some of the major claims she repeats often are that the war in Syria was started by the CIA, and that the US trained ISIS
https://youtu.be/i0jnKb8MDks
Those are both wrong. CIA got involved in 2012 after the uprising from Arab spring activists wanting democracy and military defectors. Claiming otherwise is denying their agency. US training ISIS is a crazy conspiracy theory perpetuated by Assad and Putin.

She has no chance in the election and is a major platform for misinformation. There is plenty of actual real things she could be criticizing like the US flattening Raqqa, but she doesn't. Know who also doesn't? Assad. That bombing was in his interest. These examples are a part of a larger pattern of carrying water for murderous dictators.

I'm paraphrasing Mother Jone's reporter Shane Bauer. I honestly don't know much about her beyond me seeing him call her out constantly for spreading misinformation.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Woman doesn't have a chance and thank goodness for that
But other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Absolutely rekt, I have zero reason to support her over anyone else in the field. Maybe being a member of the LGBT community I'm not so quick to shrug off her gross homophobic past and give her a pat on the back. Maybe that's just me. That said I'm curious how she does this Sunday in her CNN Town Hall.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
She called gay rights activist "homosexual extremist" you can't compare that to Obama not supporting gay rights until it was politically advantageous. Obama was cowardly about supporting gay people but Tulsi actively worked against them and only stopped because it would be political suicide to be antilgbt today.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
It's not just here.

Anyway it's fine she's trying to do right based on all her wrongs but the reality is nobody wants her as fucking President and she should hang it up a.s.a.p.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad taking credit for this, have you guys never heard that expression before

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
She is against the perpetual wars in the Middle East, a lot of people really don't like that.

Nov 23, 2017
To be clear, I don't like her for a lot of reasons, including what OP title says and much more, like her kind words about Assad and support for neoconservative policies on war, especially in Syria. But the reason specifially here is that she bucks the Pelosi/Clinton Dems and aligns with Bernie. For some reason this causes huge meltdowns for some posters who just can't accept the Democratic Party doesn't have only one type of policy in it anymore.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Her commentary on Syria makes me want to hit myself, its such a fucking bad take. Zero understanding.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
She's the Democrat candidate the GOP wants (see the previous right-wing endorsements posted in this thread). That is a big reason why she is a terrible candidate.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
But did she really though?
You sure it isn't just American propaganda like with Venezuela?
What I got was that she was afraid of a power vacuum like with Saddam and Gaddafi.
Maybe her calculation is that Assad is better than the rebels which are are primarily Al-Nusra, thus maintaining some form of stability, also the "responsibility to protect" which many rebel forces exploit, trying to stir the pot to get international forces involved.
Literally "just asking questions", I'm not a Tulsi fan, I don't like her NATO stance.

Meeting with a genocidal dictator without the support of the intelligence community or even the general diplomatic infrastructure to ask stupid questions he has no reason to answer truthfully which she has no resources to verify or debunk is at best an incredibly naive and self-important outlook on international affairs and at worst possibly indicative that she was running interference for Assad against organized efforts to investigate and publicise his deliberate wrongdoing.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
She's a war hawk. She's seems to be reluctant to negatively criticize dictators like Assad and their human rights records. I don't believe she is progressive on much social or economic issues but I haven't looked it up tbh.

Stephen Home

Alt account
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Just from my brief reason she sound like she is not a DEM at heart but took the REM career route because of her state, kind of like NY Democrats.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meeting with a genocidal dictator without the support of the intelligence community or even the general diplomatic infrastructure to ask stupid questions he has no reason to answer truthfully which she has no resources to verify or debunk is at best an incredibly naive and self-important outlook on international affairs and at worst possibly indicative that she was running interference for Assad against organized efforts to investigate and publicise his deliberate wrongdoing.
Good reply, thanks.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
War hawk when it suits her. Like any right leaning person these days who is trying to steal leftist ideas. Automatic disqualification from any sort of support in my book.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
She flirts with Trumpian foreign policy and Republican notions of "religious liberty". I would literally vote for any of the other declared Democratic candidates over her, for sure.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to have this discussion you can do so in the 2020 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.