• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
untitledwyjds.png

Made the image myself for posterity.
Accidentally tweeted by PCGamesN: https://twitter.com/PCGamesN/status/1108343299105062914
Brought to my attention by lashman: https://twitter.com/RobotBrush

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah, seems like they put the wrong caption to that tweet. But they definitely has that post set up on the schedule, so it's most probably true.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
200.gif

obsidian recently confirmed it's coming to steam too though so idc, more options for everyone. thread will be entertaining tho.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we'll find out soon.

edit: nvm was thinking of Outward, which is close to release.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Take Two said they want to be where the costumers are (about Epic polemics), so doubt it

Visanideth

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Doesn't this make a whole lot of sense?

If they're willing to pay others to put their games exclusively on their store, won't they do the same with their own games?

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 version it is of Outer Worlds then. It's a shame that MS purchase of Obsidian didn't include Outer Worlds.

Fuck you Epic.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Well, the only good news to me is that Private Division can be bought and that it raises the chances of The Outer Worlds launching on Xbox Game Pass as it's basically the same shit. A lot of up front money.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I wonder how many of these deals were made before the first backlash against these practices.

Dusky

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the Steam logo at the end of the original trailer? Unfortunate if true.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
eh

still coppin' if its exclusive but it'll definitely be on steam

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
User warned: drive-by trolling
Can't wait for everyone to do a complete 180 on the game because people can't handle a PC game being a timed exclusive on one storefront that practically everyone has at this point! /s

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Alrighty then its exclusively off my buying list for an indefinite period. Probably won't be buying it at full price if i ever bought it. Gotta show em with my wallet how they're wrong with this horsehit.

Disgusting. Shame on them for this.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The article linked says nothing about the Epic stuff though
https://www.pcgamesn.com/konami-anniversary-collections
They simply put the wrong caption in the wrong tweet. That tweet is for that Konami news, which is appropriate if they were to release it now. But they weren't suppose to use that Outer Worlds caption. This stuff can happen.

There's still a chance of happening in 'very unlikely' situation.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if any of this will be detailed at the State of Unreal showcase today. Figured it was going to be more engine stuff but I suppose the exclusivity news could just be a footnote to the demo for each game.

Epic Games: State of Unreal — Our annual opening session will be open to the media and all GDC attendees with an Expo Pass Plus or higher. See the latest advancements in Unreal Engine technology and learn what Epic is doing to help all developers be more successful from Epic's founder and CEO Tim Sweeney, CTO Kim Libreri, and special guests. Please note our presentation will once again take place at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater, 700 Howard Street in San Francisco (adjacent to Moscone Center) on Wednesday, March 20 from 9:30-10:30AM PDT. The presentation will be livestreamed at /UnrealEngine on YouTube, Twitch or Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.