• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
I was reminded by that thread asking if conservatives are evil, so I had to post this because I couldn't believe he actually said this like straight up.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I mean, yeah, that's exactly what I want. There will always be people who have less than others. I want those people to, at a minimum, be able to survive and even flourish, despite being at the "bottom".

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I swear I commented in this thread already.

They've realized there is no consequence saying the quiet part out loud.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
The times when they say the silent part out loud get more and more frequent. Comic book villains all of them. It's amazing that so many people keep voting against their own interests again, again, again and again.

Oct 29, 2017
That this is seen as a bad thing in the fucked up economy we have now is why I will never support conservatism--and why I'll always be suspicious of the media and Democrats' "reach across the aisle" idolatry.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is a couple days old but I say the more we shine a light on it the better myself

Dragonborn

Oct 30, 2017
I'm blessed to be relatively well off but will Vote against my own self interest for policies that will help the majority not the few.

It baffles me how these folks keep power because the very people they're oppressing keep voting to be oppressed. Honestly, it's disheartening

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Republicans:

tenor.gif

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
It's the typical conservative talking point. "Democrats want poor people to remain dependent on government assistance so they never make an effort to make themselves better." Yada yada yada, and somehow this leads to world domination. Yup...

Deleted member 69501

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2020
Tbf replaticans believe you shouldn't expect "handouts" so taxing the rich was giving to the poor makes no sense to them

Nov 18, 2020
And Republicans want to make rich people richer, and poor people more destitute.

I swear, the amount of contempt that Republicans have towards the poor is unreal. Not everyone who is poor is lazy and useless. There are plenty of people who work hard but are stuck in minimum wage hell with stagnant, barely-livable wages while the cost of staying alive like food / rent / bills continues to skyrocket with inflation.

It is exceptionally hard to pull yourself up off of your bootstraps when you're stuck in that kind of a rut, and you can't find any non-minimum-wage job. I've seen it happen time and time again. Smart, intelligent, capable young people making minimum wage even into their 30's, through no fault of their own.

Republican policies design that scenario by their very nature. They reward the rich and punish the poor.

RRW

Oct 26, 2017
Why should I be rich if they want me to be poor!? This is anti-capitalism!?

GameChanger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This makes perfect sense if y'all knew about the secret 11th commandment. Thou shalt make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
a microwave is apparently a luxury? lol wtf this is like how they believe if you own a cellphone you're automatically not poor . they have a cartoonish view of poverty where unless you're homeless living under a cardboard box, you don't qualify as poor.
"Don't buy an iPhone or eat avocado toast and you can afford your health insurance" sad person who neither knows nor cares how much iPhones, avocado toast, or health insurance cost.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
a microwave is apparently a luxury? lol wtf this is like how they believe if you own a cellphone you're automatically not poor . they have a cartoonish view of poverty where unless you're homeless living under a cardboard box, you don't qualify as poor.
Pretty much. To them to be poor you have to have no modern conveniences.

The other two examples in that show were:
C6VzfgMVUAA2Jf2.jpg

603051_v2.jpg

The segment was titled "Definition of Poor Families Not What it Used to Be"

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
They think that if you're poor then you must deserve it.
If only you worked harder.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Oh the horrors. Democrats truly are the descendants of Satan himself. It's quite sickening that they believe that poor people deserve to be treated *gasp* like humans.

Status
Not open for further replies.