• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Good news out of Pennsylvania. Recall 538's election forecast, if Trump loses PA, it's basically over for him.

Everyone here in Penny: VOTE.

Overwhelming support in Philadelphia and its suburbs lift former Vice President Joe Biden to a clear lead in crucial Pennsylvania, with backing from college-educated white people and women -- notably white, moderate and suburban women -- central to his advantage in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll.

President Donald Trump, for his part, is suffering attrition among his 2016 supporters; 8% of them now back Biden instead. While a small slice of the electorate, it's a potentially important factor in a state Trump won by 44,292 votes out of nearly 6.2 million cast four years ago.

Likely voters support Biden over Trump by 54 to 45%
, almost exactly matching a national ABC/Post poll released Sunday. The result includes more than a 2 to 1 Biden lead in the populous Philadelphia suburbs, home to nearly a quarter of likely voters, and close results in northeastern and western Pennsylvania, leaving only the conservative center of the state clearly to Trump.

abcnews.go.com

In Pennsylvania, advantage Biden with a big boost from women: POLL

A new ABC News/Washington Post poll

Last edited:

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
36.jpg

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
was just looking into election history of PA and damn, 2016 was the first time a republican won that state since 1988

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
that supreme court pick is probably backfiring on trump and activating more people. The court cant do shit about an election victory that in no way is close.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still worried that Trump will get enough mail in votes thrown out to carry the state. The poll shows Biden winning 87-13 among voters who plan on mailing their vote in while Trump leads 60-39 among voters who plan on voting in person.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
Vote early, vote in person, take your friends, take anyone you can. Drag your almost dead body, sleep in line, pee in a cup.

vote

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the polls may be good, but it feels like yelling this might make it so dem voters are less likely to show up because 'it's in the bag'.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I'm still worried that Trump will get enough mail in votes thrown out to carry the state. The poll shows Biden winning 87-13 among voters who plan on mailing their vote in while Trump leads 60-39 among voters who plan on voting in person.
I planned on voting by mail and I will now be voting in person. I know many others doing the same.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Everyone Vote Period..............I want this man absolutely fucking destroyed beyond a doubt that we don't want his ass. Everyone get out and vote this shit stain out

This user gets it. It's not just about winning the election, it's about sending a loud enough message that the next time the GOP even considers running a shit-heel like Trump they break out in cold sweats.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
This is potentially good news, but don't we have a rule to not make a new thread for a single poll result?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll tell ya though I'm in a really die hard Republican area of PA and sometimes its hard to get a real reading on where this state is leaning. This news is heartening at least.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black women been saving this country from itself for a long time. But it's cool that white women are seeing they should follow black women's lead on this.

OP
OP
shinobi602

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This is potentially good news, but don't we have a rule to not make a new thread for a single poll result?
Is there? I didn't know. Pennsylvania's an important swing state so I thought it might have deserved its own thread. Mods can feel free to merge it with another thread or whatever is best.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I understand the polls may be good, but it feels like yelling this might make it so dem voters are less likely to show up because 'it's in the bag'.
There is no evidence that will happen, and the political climate is much different than previous presidential elections. Plus Dem turnout in the 2018 midterm was huge, so we should see even greater turnout for the presidential election.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Don't worry, people are fired up.

Biden drove strong turnout during the primaries, and fundraising even before RBG has been pretty good for Dems. Bonkers since her passing.

Also as of today, over 1 million people have voted in the US so far. This time in 2016 under 10,000 voted.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I dunno anyone that recovered from 2016 to the point that they think this is in the bag, especially with all the shenanigans Trump is trying to pull in order to steal the election. People are just simply motivated as hell to vote this fucker out of office.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing matters more rn than opposing someone who wants your vote to count for less or not at all.

That's really all there is to it, and I can't take it that Americans are ok with the inverse.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
This user gets it. It's not just about winning the election, it's about sending a loud enough message that the next time the GOP even considers running a shit-heel like Trump they break out in cold sweats.
Many GOP'ers did actually try to stop him lmao never trumpers I think is the correct nomenclature.

Status
Not open for further replies.