• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
Anybody else have to deal with this? My unit is close to the complex's one pool (a mistake I won't make in the future), and during the summer it would otherwise be unlivable if it weren't for noise-cancelling headphones and the loud fans I keep running (which I specifically bought for drowning out neighbor noise). They mostly do the job, but actual, high-pitched screaming will cut through it all. And there's a lot of screaming.

I just don't get why parents (or rather people in general) aren't more considerate—the pool is surrounded by units. Asking them to control their kids is also pointless since they get pissy about it 100% of the time, no matter what approach I take, so I seemingly just have to deal with it. The front office doesn't give a shit either even though the pool is right behind them.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
if a kid cant scream around a pool where the fuck can they scream

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It's a day at the pool, OP. I'm perpetually annoyed by kids myself, but what do you expect parents or kids to do? Send them to a local pond instead?

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
While I understand that you are upset, please consider that it is the reality of apartment living. If it wasn't for the pandemic, people would also not work from home as much, so it's only a problem given the current circumstances.

OP
OP
Stath

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
Can't say I'm surprised at the responses so far.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My complex has multiple pools, and I can't say I've had too many issues with screaming kids. Both the indoor and outdoor ones are pretty far away from residential areas too.

That being said, we have worse problems with the kids (and adults... ) destroying equipment -_-

Apr 19, 2018
Germany
fetchimage

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Ask them not to scream nicely op. Some people will be considerate.

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
You knew what you were gonna get with this thread. Kids too noisy at the playground too? Sheesh. Not like its 10pm when they are there.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
lmao i was just saying to my girlfriend last time we were at the pool how it must suck to be one of the ground floor units right next to it 😂

Neon Octopus

Nov 21, 2017
I don't think you're going to get a lot of support on this one. Its only really inconsiderate if they're yelling during early/late hours.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
You complained to the front office about kids being loud at a pool?

Does the joy of children bother you that much? If so, I'd recommend moving to a quieter place, or a place further from the pool.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
OP clearly doesn't have kids and has never had to help raise kids. Holy shit are you clueless. I can't believe you actually posted this.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Kids scream. Sometimes when they hardly scream at all.

Parents have to deal with it. You can put on your headphones and forget it exists.

Old man yells at cloud.jpg

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ya goofed OP. Maybe talk to the complex's management and see if you can get moved to a different unit?

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
I've learned the apartment pool is exclusively a place for screaming children and teenagers who stay up way too late. Always look for a unit far away from the pool, and be thankful it's there to consolidate some of the apartment-living noise.

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
gardeners also do yard work outside of apartments

sometimes there's construction too

or roadwork

it's just society

OP
OP
Stath

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
I'm not even asking for them to be quiet, just to specifically not scream. It's something that I would think parents would be mindful about, but they don't seem to care even though they should. I know my parents would have tried to get me to behave in such a public space surrounded by apartments.

lol then talk to a wall instead. People are going to disagree with your hot take.

The lack of empathy some of you have is astounding. Holy shit some of you are rude as fuck.

TuneTuneGuy

Mar 11, 2020
Are you gonna complain about barking at a dog park next, OP? If you want a private pool, go to a private pool.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between kids just playing normally at the pool - which is an expected level of loud - and some kid walking around screaming like they're being murdered or testing the limits of the human body. I've been in OP's situation and it can wear on you.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
guys how do I shut up the fuckin kids at the six flags across the street

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Asking them to control their kids is also pointless since they get pissy about it 100% of the time, no matter what approach I take, so I seemingly just have to deal with it.

Parenting savant over here. If only they had though about controlling their kids it all could have been so easy.

The lack of empathy some of you have is astounding. Holy shit some of you are rude as fuck.

Kinda ironic considering the context of this thread.

Effnine

Oct 28, 2017
Asking them to control their kids is also pointless since they get pissy about it 100% of the time, no matter what approach I take, so I seemingly just have to deal with it.

Please tell me how you would deal with a 3 year old expressing joy at a pool. Can't wait to see the answer.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for someone to make a thread complaining about kids having fun at a chucky cheese.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference between kids just playing normally at the pool - which is an expected level of loud - and some kid walking around screaming like they're being murdered or testing the limits of the human body. I've been in OP's situation and it can wear on you.

They're not talking about just one incident with a specific kid though; they're clearly talking about normal kid behavior that is happening among various kids.

GalvoAg

Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I do agree too many parents just let their kids do whatever and that's just shitty parenting IMO, but I don't have to deal with the little demons so what do I know.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
A pool is meant to be fun and screaming is just one the things that happens when a kids are playing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I have plenty of empathy - for exhausted parents who are looking for an outdoor outlet for their kids. I don't even like kids. They annoy me greatly. And you not looking in the mirror and seeing yourself for the curmudgeon that you are right now is peak irony.

But honestly, the reason I said "talk to a wall" is because if you're going to make a thread and then proclaim that you're not even surprised by the responses, they why have the conversation in the first place? It's like making a thread saying "pizza is disgusting", people disagreeing, and then saying, "wow what a surprise look at you all".

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Sounds like you never had to take care of a toddler, OP. You need to give these parents some grace. Being a parent is fucking hard and we get exhausted very quickly.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Something everyone should be cognizant of is at one point we were all the shitty kid that was super annoying.

OP
OP
Stath

Stath

Mar 4, 2022
Anybody else want to come in an shit on me for venting about a life situation I have no control over? Man, fuck this shit.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
go take a dip in the pool op

sounds like you could use some joy and/or fun in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.