• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
After being available to purchase for about a day, Persona 4 Golden has taken the throne from Final Fantasy XV on Steam. FFXV held the previous record of non-MMO JRPG with the most players at one time, with the highest number being 29,279 players according to Steam Charts. At the time this thread was made, P4G had 29,984 players.

0wC6Ckh.png

There's no way this game hasn't been a huge success for Atlus and Sega. Really curious to see if it goes much higher, but even if it doesn't, this is a very cool record to be set.

Last edited:

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
And they'll still need a poll to ask if the west is interested in more.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
10 years ago I wouldn't have thought JRPGs would gradually be ported to PC to this extent

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone I know who likes Persona and owns a PC is playing it right now. Most of us double dipped in some form.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After being available to purchase for about a day, Persona 4 Golden has taken the throne from Final Fantasy XV on Steam. FFXV held the previous record of non-MMO JRPG with the most players at one time, with the highest number being 29,279 players according to Steam Charts. Right now, P4G has 29,984 players, and it keeps going up:

0wC6Ckh.png

There's no way this game hasn't been a huge success for Atlus and Sega. Really curious to see if it goes much higher, but even if it doesn't, this is a very cool record to be set.

It's not going up, that was peak.

SDioxxr.png

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is Monster Hunter World a JRPG? Genuine question.

I've played it but I understand it's a fairly broad label.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely going to pick it up next month. Already spent enough money on games for this one but I'm stoked its doing so well.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1. oh no you've invited yet another war over what constitutes a "jrpg"

2. can't wait for more weird baseless fanfiction about how atlus hates money and is fighting some kind of internal war against pc gamers

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Requesting a thread lock. The number is impressive, but as others have pointed out, other games that can arguably be considered JRPGs have hit higher numbers. I don't want the thread to derail into an argument about if From's Souls games are JRPG's or not.

If someone else still thinks it's thread-worthy (or if a mod thinks this thread should stay up with a title change or something), then feel free.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this doesn't just stop at Persona. Give me Raidou, Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga please please please.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Going to buy and play it when- or I should say IF... I ever beat Dragon Quest XI.... (game is too long)

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
When you see this sucess you wonder why Atlus never tried this sooner. There is clearly an audience for there games on multiple platforms. Well not my business. I hope these continous sucess stories of JRPGs lead to more day 1 ports.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already hooked. I needed another JRPG after beating P5R and FF7, and now I'm back into the Persona universe. DQ11 demo kinda...bored me.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Ok Atlus, P4 Golden did pretty well. When the player gets his turn, you guys will have to release Nocturne next

Atlus:

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
1. oh no you've invited yet another war over what constitutes a "jrpg"

2. can't wait for more weird baseless fanfiction about how atlus hates money and is fighting some kind of internal war against pc gamers
I think Atlus's management is just waaaaay behind the times. Until recently, they still clung to their business model of 20 years ago.

JRPG is a genre definition, just like crpg, action rpg, hack and slash, shlooter or whatever - anything else serves no purpose. What information do you get from having "jrpg = rpg from japan".

Status
Not open for further replies.