• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
The obvious positivity of the [Microsoft and Nintendo] relationship has heightened expectations that more Xbox games could come to Switch, but in August of 2019, following news of Ori and the Blind Forest coming to Nintendo's machine, Microsoft issued a statement that there were "no plans" to put more of its games on other consoles. (Minecraft Dungeons, already announced for PlayStation and Switch, was presumed the exception).

A year later, though, another Microsoft-published game, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, was also released on Switch. Spencer categorized the Ori offerings as supporting the development studio's wishes. That team, Moon Studios, isn't owned by Microsoft and has subsequently entered a publishing deal with Take Two.

Where does that leave the prospect of more Xbox games coming to non-Xbox consoles? Spencer told me that "it doesn't feel sustainable" to consider Xbox games on a case by case basis for Switch and said, "In order to really support it, I would want a full Xbox ecosystem somewhere. And that probably means things like Live and Game Pass and stuff." He said something similar in July during an interview with GameStar, though the answer has changed slightly. Back then he said that "the other competitive platforms aren't really that interested in having a full Xbox experience on their hardware." I cited that answer to him and asked if it was still the case with Sony and Nintendo. "I don't want to speak for them," he said. "I think they should probably answer."
kotaku.com

Xbox Boss Phil Spencer On Series X Launch, Halo Infinite & Bethesda

There’s nothing normal about interviewing Xbox chief Phil Spencer these days.

OP
OP

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.