• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017

Head of Xbox Phil Spencer makes his long-awaited return to Unlocked for an exclusive one-hour interview. We talk about Xbox Series X price, whether coronavirus could delay the console, the first-party launch lineup, why there's no optical out port on Series X, xCloud, cross-play, the fates of Sunset Overdrive, Ryse and Scalebound, which Microsoft IP Phil would like to see brought back, and more!

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't want to ship hardware without the "software platform" there.

Said he wouldn't hold it for any individual game, talks about Halo specifically. 343 is doing well but "don't think we would hold the launch of the overall platform for any individual game"

My take is that the hardware is going to be ready to go this year, and between certain 1P and 3P games there is likely going to be enough to launch, but I'll just say my personal opinion is that Halo isn't going to make it this year. That's not an indictment of anyone or 343, just a potential reality We'll see!

He also talks about transparency and communicating if it's looking like that is going to be the case, which they've obviously been doing a good job of so far.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Phil can't afford a decent headset or mic? C'mon man lol

Status
Not open for further replies.