• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, those who currently own Sony hardware will you wait for the PS5 to play these games?
Im worried if I wait the story will be spoiled, especially in LoU2.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
TLOU2 you have to play at launch or it will get spoiler

GoT doesn't look particularly interesting but you may as well wait til PS5 to see if it at least looks better there

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely launch.

I like having the special edition with steelbooks so those are both pre-ordered, new consoles don't command my tastes and like you said it's a spoiler risk - waiting until June 19th is hard enough.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 launch. I dont think I could avoid Last of Us spoilers until November.

I was going to wait with Tsushima but that was when I thought it would come out in September and thought whats a couple of months? Now its July I'm not waiting.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
They're both gonna look and play fantastically well on a Pro. I think it's silly to wait for the PS5. Play 'em while they're hot!

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Fuck that, I am not waiting all summer and going through fall to freaking play the game with my PS5. These games are only going to make the wait that much easier.

Also, why are people here obsessed with creating backlogs? lol. Do you really want more lengthy games that you need to finish when you start your PS5s or would you rather focus on actual PS5 games?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
last of us 2 ASAP...I haven't been spoiled

crookedaxis

Oct 27, 2017
ps5, because i sold my ps4 :(
i was going to play at launch on my brother's console, but with the corona shit i'm probably not traveling soon.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Launch, no question. I won't be at all surprised if one or both feel like they're worthy of replaying during the inevitable early lull in the new generation.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping we would know more about the PS5 as this stage for me to make that decision.

I am interested in both but I won't buy them until Sony clarifies if their will be PS5 version or just BC or what upgrades it will receive through BC.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Playing both on PS4 first, subsequent playthroughs on PS5. Not trying to dodge spoilers until I get a PS5, especially since there's no guarantee I'll be able to get one at launch.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
digital foundry will decide that for me. if performance is fine and there are no obvious visual cutbacks, i will be there day one.

Oct 27, 2017
Don't care about TLOU so if I ever play it the PS5 would be out so I would have played it there.

Ghost of Tsushima however... I can't wait. I need that samurai goodness in my life.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
My interest in GoT is not high enough for a one day purchase, and I want to play it, hopefully, with the graphic fidelity I saw on the E3 demo.
As for Last of Us 2, I've been waiting for a sequel since the moment I finished the first game and I waited 7 years, so I can wait a few more months.
So, in conclusion, I'm waiting for the PS5 to play both.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
GOT is day one here.

TLOU2 maybe august or september for me. But if it gets an update on PS5, I think I'm gonna wait.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting.

I wanted to get a Switch to hold me over, that didnt work out. Cant find one thats not $500.

So I decided to finally get PSVR, will be here tomorrow. It will literally be goodbye real world until the PS5 launches.

Status
Not open for further replies.