• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

One of the biggest next generation mysteries is finally solved. Join Rich Leadbetter and John Linneman for a deep dive into PlayStation 5 backwards compatibility - a detailed look at some of the most challenging PS4 and Pro titles and how they run on PS5. Oh... and Days Gone and Ghost of Tsushima running at 60fps? It's happening and it's in here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Bahaha, the 'previously on' and fake out are both hilarious.

EDIT: I'm a bit bummed there wasn't anything about load times (until the last 40 seconds).

Last edited:

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
That Ghost and Days Gone 60fps footage, can't wait to replay lol

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Now this is what I've been for this week! Well second to Biden being declared president elect, but still this is good!

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed they didn't put the Chad Warden intro at the beginning of this video but it seems promising.

prodyg

Oct 28, 2017
This is great and all but didn't we expect this? There is nothing here that is surprising, I saw the title and how they started the video and thought this is gonna be amazing but by the time its done i realized its pretty much like the Xbox (With some lower resolutions due to the fact that these games are running at PS4pro settings) . Which is what was expected.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
"Every game that we've tested, bar perhaps one, runs with the full power of the PS5..."

OKAY... I'm losing it and the video ain't even rolling yet. Holyyyy shiit!!!

I just don't understand. Unless Sony was testing up until... this week, why wouldn't you sing all of this to high heaven?

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
This has me even more hyped for Ys IX since I heard it has frame rate issues.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Would be interesting to see FFXIV in its high resolution PS4 Pro mode while doing some more demanding stuff and player special effects all set to max. Like 72 player Frontline PvP or instanced zones like Bozja.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic result after all that weird messaging we got.
Hoping we can one day play ps3 and 2 games again.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Amazing results all thanks to Pro's lower resolutions, shame games like Unity seem to run weird

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Dang, looking pretty good.

Interesting notes:
- Most games run with perfect framerate, hitting framerate cap (will hit 60fps on games with unlocked framerates).
- Sony has some sort of brightness enhancement that John liked. Seems to use tone mapping.
- No Anisotropic filtering.
- The controversial Ubisoft bootable games do work and play, but seem seem to have issues. Pre-patched AC Unity has framerate issues, could be running with PS4 CPU speeds. DF suspect the AC engine may have some issues with PS5 BC.
- Games with issues have a disclaimer pop-up when launched. DF wasn't always able to find issues, so still up in the air about what issues could appear, or the reason for the disclaimer.
- Theyseem very impressed and had a lot of fun overall.

Also, that Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone 60fps footage looked great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.