• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zetran

Oct 25, 2017
From Reddit:

KAnhXTS.jpg

20th November
€499 for the standard one

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Damn, if the price is like that (not saying this is true) - it could be like the PS3...hopefully it wont take me as long to buy it.

Cause I bought my PS3 - five years after its release cause of the initial price, longest I waited out for a console - bought it for a sweet $300.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
As others have said fake or a placeholder, though wouldn't be shocked if the price and release are close to that.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There has been literally every single store tossing some random price in the last couple of days...

Have we also forgotten about the whole Amazon PS5/PC fiasco?

If the said price is actually that it will be because of a coincidence of guessing rather then actually being leaked.

We likely won't know the price until August.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
What does Sony actually have to gain to tell retailers the price before the official public announcement? Any storefront can just use a placeholder price and change it later as needed. They just need a store page so they can start taking preorders.

Chuck795

May 7, 2020
I think this could be the real numbers. Amazon France quickly changed it to a placeholder date of 12/31. It also lists the PS5 at 4.78 kg, so the thing is a chonky boy

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not Walmart Canada, I call bs

Can you click on the digital edition to show the difference?

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We know it's not going to be 400$ and we know it's not going be 600$ this is the easiest price to guess this gen it's going to be 500

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
you're telling me someone would just put a placeholder in there? on the internet?!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
They're just guessing it, they will cancel pre-orders if it's more expansive. Speaking from experience here, haha.

JomanC137

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think even Sony knows the price yet, they're probably waiting on Microsoft and seeing how this COVID19 situation turns out.

deadmonkeyuk

Oct 27, 2017
Highlands, Scotland
I just do not think retailers know the price yet. Sony has an event in August, its down as a state of play, but I think it will be more of a part 2 reveal.

There are a number of reliable people saying Sony has a few big titles to show. Show these titles and the price/release date.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a placeholder but also probably the right price.
This is pretty much it.
But this thread is as good as any to ask: Do we expect the Digital Version to be cheaper? If so, by how much? Asking because I honestly have no idea how expensive or not it is to install a 4k BD drive in a mass manufactured box.

Aladan

Dec 23, 2019
Seems like a realistic price even for a placeholder. I think the Digital version will be 399 or 449 but I have a feeling it will be 399. They want their customers completely bound to the PSN.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
This is pretty much it.
But this thread is as good as any to ask: Do we expect the Digital Version to be cheaper? If so, by how much? Asking because I honestly have no idea how expensive or not it is to install a 4k BD drive in a mass manufactured box.

The way they've been talking about it and how it's essentially the same machine, I don't think they're pitching it as a significantly cheaper option.

I reckon it'll be $499 for the standard and $449 for the digital version. Unfortunately for us in the UK I think that's going to equate to £499 and £449.

Status
Not open for further replies.