• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For those who were able to preorder, what did you preorder?

• PlayStation 5

Votes: 645 56.4%
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

Votes: 195 17.0%
  • Xbox Series X

Votes: 499 43.6%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 64 5.6%
  • I've tried but with no success. Will hope for another round of preorders or pick up later.

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • I don't preorder. Will pickup something after the launch rush when they are easily available.

Votes: 78 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Now that both Sony and Microsoft have had their first round of preorders. For those that preordered, what did you get?

Previously, I've pre-ordered all my consoles from Gamestop but didn't have an opportunity to do that this time. Luckily, Sony sent me an invite to preorder directly from them and I was able to get a PS5 (disc version).

How did everyone else fair? Hopefully, you were able to get the console/consoles of your choice.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Series X at launch. Went pretty hassle free. Was on site at 9am and pre order was done a minute later. Bless EU where Xbox is less big. :P

Oct 30, 2017
I casually logged into walmart.com right as they opened the floodgates and just snagged one. I just casually checked era and managed to snag one.

I feel pretty lucky to have gotten in early.

I'm just waiting for Amazon to put up the Pulse 3d Headset again.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
I have both a Playstation 5 Disc Version and Xbox Series X pre-ordered.

Playstation 5 was actually a lot easier for me. I was able to Pre-Order 3 Playstation 5's, one for me and the others on behalf of friends from Target and Amazon. I honestly just jumped on here, saw some links and ordered them with no hassle.

The Xbox Series X I was able to get through the Xbox website, but it took me until 8:30ish to finally snag one after striking out on every website since 8am.

davidnolan13

Oct 27, 2017
north east uk
i managed to get my sx but not my ps5. Maybe it was for the best as ive only ever pre ordered twice before for the ps2 and ps4 and both were knacked out the box.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I got an Xbox Series X an hour ago. It was a pain in the ass of reloading my cart for about 35 minutes, but man, it felt great once I got the order through and got my confirmation email from the Microsoft Store.

I went full on "Nintendo 64 kid" once I got it. Hah.

I'll see if I can get a PlayStation 5 pre-order in at some point. Depends on how some things go money-wise, and of course if any more show up. I was dead set on getting at least the Xbox Series X however, and I'm so happy that I managed to. Hype!

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Got me a Playstation 5 (with disk drive). Managed to preorder one like, 20 mins after the event lol

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Couldn't get out of Best Buy checkout

c007f36b9b6e48a46129a03adaa03690.gif

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Got a PS5 digital edition from bestbuy.ca around 7/8 PM night of the reveal. Very lucky to get that without much fuss. I didn't even plan on getting a PS5 till the mid-gen revision but the opportunity presented itself and I'm not too sad about missing out on a disc. It's a sony exclusives machine.

Got a Series X preordered earlier today. Lined up at 730 outside EB yonge/dundas and was out the door by 11:05. Definitely was the better way to go.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you should add the other "I tried for both consoles and a 3080 and still got nothin" .... because i fit there :(

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get in on the first wave of Walmart preorders for the PS5, and got a standard version, with the disc drive. I'm extremely extremely thankful to have been able to do so - it's been a worry all year that I'd be away or busy when the preorders went live.

It's a bit strange though - I went to Walmart.com a few minutes before (maybe 20?) and made an account and put in my CC info just in case, and because of that I was ready to check out ASAP once the preorders were live. I still can't believe it happened, and I keep going back and looking at the order email and the order tracking page in my account.

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
I preordered a Playstation 5 Disc edition from Target the day after pre-orders went live. Likely were reposted pre-orders from cancelations. I got lucky.

ReverseFate

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was lucky enough to secure a PS5 standard edition preorder from BestBuy. Was definitely a hassle free and smooth experience for me.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Sat at Gamestop for 3 hours. Was 2 in line but noone was at the door til I walked up. people atarted running out their cars.

Luckily all of us who were there hours early got one

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
PS5. Planning to get a SeS for my birthday in January, can't afford two consoles at the same time (money-wise and time-wise).

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Series X for myself and Series S for my nephews. Will pick up a PS5 next year.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Sitting on PS5, XSX and XSS pre-orders at the moment. Will cancel either the XSX or XSS before launch, hoping to see more information on the X before making a decision.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Tried for both, but only secured a PS5. Strangely, the Xbox pre-order experience was a lot more frustrating today. Was looking forward to having both. This will be the first time since PSOne where I couldn't secure a new console Day 1.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Success preordering Xbox Series X, but sadly no success getting a PS5 yet :(

Th3hoopman

Apr 23, 2020
I think all in all both preorders were possible if you were locked in and had the time to keep trying on multiple retail sites. Obviously sites were going to get hammered regardless. I screwed up waiting for the Amazon PS5 listing and missed out, otherwise I'm sure I would have been able to get both.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It sounds weird and I've not consciously planned it, but I've ordered both PS5 disc and Xbox Series X today (both Amazon)

I intend to cancel one as I'm honestly so on the fence between their respective pros, I want to be able to decide in 4 weeks when both Sony and MS have given some more info / we've seen more actual footage / hands on.

I come from PS4 so obviously my collection for BC and existing subs are a key factor, but MS impress with Gamepass, their hungry attitude and now Bethesda

Sorry if some see this as taking away a genuine preorder away from someone, but ultimately it will go back into circulation before launch day. I just need more info from both companies

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Pre-ordered 1x PS5 disc edition, 2x PS5 digital editions and 2x Xbox Series X here in UK.

Will only be keeping 1x PS5 and 1x XSX pre-order, the others are backups, based on past experience where I was let down at the last minute due to stock allocation issues.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Preordered only a PS5 so far, waiting for the Series S to go up on Amazon. Don't think I'll keep it though

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not buying a console for myself but I pre-ordered a XSS for my kids for Christmas. My wife wants either PS5 for herself but she hasn't been able to lock one down yet.

Six Paths Susanoo

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 13, 2020
I have both the Xbox Series X and PS5 disc edition pre ordered. Considering ordering a series S as well for another room. I love new technology and am excited.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
It was an extremely stressful morning, but I locked in an XSX preorder through Amazon.

Kydd BlaZe

Apr 17, 2018
Was lucky enough to snag a PS5 through Walmart during the second flurry of preorders. Wasn't lucky enough to get a Series X at all though. Got absolutely blue balled at every website. Just couldn't get out of checkout at BestBuy, Walmart, or Target. GameStop site wouldn't even load for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.