• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
We all know this game is highly anticipated but I don't seem to have the same fever pitch for this game that the rest of the public does. I don't know if it's the long development time, the delays or the roll out of information, but I can't seem to get excited for it. Is there a breakdown of what makes this game so exciting to play? Are there videos that just get into the gameplay without the videos being so lengthy or have slow build ups to the good part? Just quick gameplay that gets into the nitty gritty. I enjoyed the Witcher 3 but this of course is a completely different game so I wish to enjoy it as well.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would offer another idea. If you already aren't convinced, just stay that way and don't give the transphobic company any money.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
You don't need to be sold on this game. If the endless parade of marketing hasn't done it already, you should just wait and see what the impressions are. I think there's a good chance it has an interesting world, but ends up mechanically quite weak. (Or there are plenty of good reasons to just not play the game at all.)

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I never really care for the game sorry :P. Im gonna buy it for the sole reason of using my 3080 on a demanding game and probably drop it after 5h.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
You can redirect any questions you have to the OT.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City WIRE: Episode 5 |OT| Time moves in one direction, memory in another [Media Impressions, Console Footage & Discussion] OT

>Hello again Edgerunners! I have new intel on some more Arasaka and Militech propaganda. There will be a new broadcast dropping on November 19th, 2020 at 6PM CEST/10AM CT/8AM PT. We are all set to decrypt and record the transmission. As per the usual, it will be logged and added to our secure...

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I feel like at some point they'd be communicating better if they just came out and said it's Deus Ex + GTA. Maybe with a bit more story branching, and a brighter color palette, but otherwise, it seems like a pretty straightforward expansion of existing formulas.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
If you're not sold on it by now then maybe it's just not worth it to you?
I can wait for next gen version, it's also not excited me that much.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

CDPR is a transphobic company. It's time we stop making excuses for them.

Preface: To avoid the usual suspects I want to start out by saying that you are not being shamed for your purchase of Cyberpunk 2077. If you feel slightly bad about buying the game as a result of the issues being highlighted then, honestly, good. Interfacing with problematic products should...

This. Fuck 'em. And I say that as someone who would say Witcher 2 and 3 are among my favorite games ever. But, fuck supporting this company and further.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Most immersive Cyberpunk setting in a video game.
www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 Night City WIRE: Episode 5 |OT| Time moves in one direction, memory in another [Media Impressions, Console Footage & Discussion] OT

>Hello again Edgerunners! I have new intel on some more Arasaka and Militech propaganda. There will be a new broadcast dropping on November 19th, 2020 at 6PM CEST/10AM CT/8AM PT. We are all set to decrypt and record the transmission. As per the usual, it will be logged and added to our secure...

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR has made excellent games, Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time, I love the Cyberpunk genre, and the game has Keanu Reeves.

If thats not enough then just wait and see, reviews will hit for sure along with twitch streams etc.

Johnny Mnemonic was ahead of its time

johnny-main.jpg

I read somewhere one of the QA testers has sunk 175 hours into the game and still not finished the main storyline. No idea if thats apocryphal / exaggerated but it has me excited, while totally understanding for some people thats going to be extremely off putting.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like the most generic re-tread of every regressive "dystopia" cliché and features amazing gameplay features like "shoot gun until enemy fall down" and "drive car through street" and "listen to NPC say bad word." It's riding solely on developer pedigree but you'll find plenty of rationale for why that should be a deterrent, not an endorsement. Skip it.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Wiith the game already out in the wild and an active thread for the marketing materials, this thread is unnecessary and can be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.