• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Were you happy with what was shown off of Sword and Shield?

• Yes

Votes: 42 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 24 35.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We had the eighth generation of Pokémon shown off today, and I'm very happy with what we saw. The new region looks amazing (and I love the British flavor and the visual variety), the art is gorgeous, the new Pokémon look expectedly great, and it seems like the game is just going back to a no gimmicks traditional adventure executed to perfection- basically a new age Gen 4 Pokémon game.

So I'm happy and excited- are you?

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not really, no. It looks like HD Sun and Moon with a slightly increased scope.

Even worse is that the world design still looks incredibly corridor based. You can see open areas in the background, but they don't look accessible imo. Based on this reveal, I'll be surprised if there's any real exploration again.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I'm cautiously excited. It looks like more Pokemon, which is excellent, but what I saw didn't assure me that it wouldn't be more Sun/Moon, so I'm not completely confident.

That said, what I saw also didn't give any indication that it would be more Sun/Moon, so there's that.

Oct 25, 2017
Not even close. Finding out it was the Sun/Moon director took any excitement I had and shot it out back.

I'm expecting another linear, cutscene heavy Pokémon game where I'm trying to skip whatever shit story it's throwing my way to get to the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.