• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Metacritic/Sword (80)
Metacritic/Shield (80)
OpenCritic (80)

Eurogamer (no score):
What is intended as a great, Breath of the Wild step forward quickly turns to two giant leaps back, and with these games that sad irony is everywhere. Pokémon Sword and Shield project a sense of scale and ambition far beyond any previous ones in the series, but to take it back to those gargantuan new Dynamax forms, the size is merely a shadow. A shallow projection, in place of the real thing.

The Verge (no score):
The Pokémon series is one that has long felt resistant to change, to the point that even seemingly obvious changes, like a shift to 3D graphics, can feel monumental. In this context, Sword and Shield are what the franchise has been building toward for more than 20 years. They don't change up the formula dramatically. But the changes that are here — a larger, more detailed world and a streamlined structure that cuts out the annoying bits — are enough to make this the ideal iteration of the concept to date. The moments when I felt frustrated or bored in past games simply don't exist in Sword and Shield. It's one big adventure.

I've been training pokémon all my life, but I never felt like a true trainer until I walked through a tunnel into a stadium full of screaming fans.

Hollywood Reporter (no score):
Pokemon Sword and Shield clearly want to be the genesis of a new age of Pokemon, setting the course for a long and productive run on Nintendo's flagship Switch console. Hard choices were made in order to achieve that goal, but in the end those tough decisions were absolutely worth it. The beautiful Galar region is a joy to explore — even if the story told within it is far from revolutionary — and there are hundreds of Pokemon to find, train and battle. The core mechanics of the game play it safe for the most part, but the new features make a big impact. It all amounts to a total package which will delight Pokemon fans new and old, as it's an experience seemingly plucked from the minds of the Trainers of yesteryear. Pokemon fans should be sure to take up this sword and shield as soon as possible.

Polygon (no score):
The surprise in Sword and Shield is that I'm still finding things that surprise me, even after putting in so many hours. It's in how Game Freak has made a linear game feel so much less linear. Make no mistake, Sword and Shield is not an open-world game. There are limitations. But the game's designed for me not to notice them, and mostly, I don't.

Kotaku (no score):
The magic of Pokémon is that it lets you tap into a sense of wonder that becomes more and more difficult to access as an adult. Sword and Shield do that more successfully than any Pokémon release has in years. It won't be everything to everyone, and it will not make everyone happy. I'm not sure it needs to. It's a portal to a new world. And it definitely has something for Pokémon's core audience: everyone in the entire world.

Ars Technica (no score):
The short version of this review is that Sword and Shield are fun, good-looking Pokémon games with a solid story mode and some welcome changes to the game's mechanics. That probably won't be enough for longtime fans who are upset about the limited roster, though. The missing piece of this is really Pokémon Home, the upcoming cloud storage system for Pokemon from every franchise entry. It could either render the national 'dex question moot or serve as a depressing mausoleum for unusable Pokémon that can be looked at but not touched.

I do think Sword and Shield are good entries for anyone who got into Pokémon through Go and Let's Go and is looking for something a bit more difficult and larger in scale. Seasoned players can still enjoy the new monsters and appreciate the game's story mode while it lasts (I cleared the main story in around 35 hours). It's just too bad that, for longtime players, what's missing is probably going to overshadow everything that's here.

Eurogamer Spain (recommended, review in Spanish):
In this way, Sword and Shield aspires to please everyone. But not in the negative way in which this expression is usually used: it literally has a little bit of everything for each type of player. I don't think there is any Pokémon fan that may not feel at home at all in this installment, so consistent and so adult in so many things that it is a delight to play from any prism. A delivery that takes care of us and simultaneously respects us, that poses complex challenges but does not want us to bother more with things that do not matter, and that to some extent is more Pokémon than ever in a million aspects. And if what tops this page is a silver and not gold seal, it is because there is still a small loose end, something that is not bad, but that will definitely be better in the next installments, which we want and want to be absolutely essential. Seeing what we have in hand is very difficult not to think about how it can evolve in the future, and if we continue on this line, if we play on this concept, what comes from now on will be totally and absolutely extraordinary.

Vida Extra (essential):
Pokémon Sword and Shield can boast the most interesting features and fascinating news, although in many moments we have had the feeling that the games could still aspire higher. This does not necessarily have to be something negative, because the two games have seemed excellent and a first step to what can become Pokémon for the future. With a better Wild Area, a more complete Pokédex and other details, it looks like the series has a lot of life ahead of us and we are looking forward to seeing how far it can go.

Even so, for the moment I am looking forward to continuing my journey through Galar again because Pokémon still has that magic touch that brings out my inner child that has grown with the saga for more than 20 years. I still have many adventures to live and secrets to discover, which is always a real pleasure to enjoy a new Pokémon game.

HobbyConsolas (review in progress, review in spanish):
In short, and in the absence of being able to test the online functions and crush the endgame, Pokémon Sword and Shield are two good deliveries. The jump to a platform of greater power such as Nintendo Switch seems to have played against Game Freak, but there is no denying that there are very good ideas and much needed changes. And, although it needs work, the Wild Area firmly bases the foundations of the future of Pokémon.

USgamer (review in progress):
Honestly, since I'm being forced to choose over a real next-gen Pokemon experience or no Pokemon at all? I'll take it. I've enjoyed my time with Sword and Shield a lot so far, even if it's lacking in huge surprises. I've currently dumped about 35 hours into the adventure, which includes mopping up the (frankly great) post-game story. Look for my full review on Monday after I go online and introduce myself to a Weed_Vegeta or two.

Washington Post (review in progress):
With that change come growing pains. The loudest controversy from the series' most hardcore players surrounds the culling of the National Pokédex. For the first time in franchise history, not every previous pocket monster will make the jump to the newest entry in the series. Game Freak, the game's developer, has cited a focus on enhancing the gameplay and graphics as an explanation for that change. Now, we've seen the results of that change.

Ultimately, we barely thought about the controversy as we played. This may be a genuine concern for completionists, but for everyone else just looking for another Pokémon jaunt, it won't matter. The new monster designs are creative, cheerful and provide more than enough distraction until you're done with the story.

Esquire (no score):
Pokemon Sword and Shield's lack of a National Pokédex may be a bummer, angering some fans, but really, it's a blessing that pushes the series forward again. The 8th Gen will divide, sure, but undoubtedly it feels like the right stepping stone to keep the series moving, especially as it breaks into the home console and portable world. So to all you Pokéfreaks who can't be be happy for a fantastic Pokémon game, me and my giant Grookey will be waiting to razor leaf your ass online.

Mashable (no score):
There is enough in Sword and Shield to make these games feel fresh, even eight generations in, but things haven't changed so much that it no longer feels like the Pokémon games we all know and love. The good bits continue to be good, and the new additions feel like smart decisions from the developers.

Engadget (no score):
I would happily recommend Pokémon Shield for a nine-year-old child, for someone new to the series, for old hands like me or for my sixty-something Pokémon Go-loving mother, safe in the knowledge that each of them will enjoy it. Put aside your misgivings about missing monsters and moves and just embrace the fact that we have a new world to explore, new critters to get to know and what sounds like a pretty robust year of online competitions on the way.

Yahoo Finance (no score):
I've wanted to be able to play a full-fledged "Pokemon" title on my television since I was in middle school, and "Sword" and "Shield" have finally delivered on that. Being able to play wherever I want with the Switch makes it all the better.

There are some graphics issues that I wish Game Freak worked out, but there are so many improvements and additions to "Sword" and "Shield" that anyone who considers themselves a "Pokemon" fan now or did in the past should dive in and start catching them all.

IGN (9.3/10, video):
Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield are closer to my dream Pokemon RPGs than anything that's come before. I'd still like better cutscenes, companion Pokemon, the complete Pokedex, and a more visually interesting Wild Area, but nitpicks are just not very effective when everything else was such a complete joy to play. The way they respect my time is wonderful, and the removal of monotony from random encounters and other odds and ends distills it down to only the pure and charming fun of capturing, training, and battling wonderful creatures. And hey, if I'm missing any tedious repetition, I can always get back into breeding.

GamePro (91/100, review in German):
Overall, the sword and shield in the series history, however, makes a giant leap forward. Not only because, thanks to the camera, we literally get a completely new view of things. But also because many small and big innovations work together to make this Pokémon a game that combines the magic of the old parts with the pinch of challenge that many have long desired from the series.

GameSpot (9/10, video):
In collecting, battling, and exploring, Sword and Shield cut out the bloat and focus on what makes these pillars of the Pokemon games so captivating in the first place. You're not held back by overly complicated back-end systems or hoops to jump through; from the outset, you can start wandering the Galar region, seeing its new Pokemon, and trying out its new battle strategies with very little in your way. This leaves you free to enjoy what Pokemon is all about, and that makes for an incredibly strong showing for the series' proper debut on Switch.

GamesRadar (4.5/5):
Thankfully though, this is a seriously memorable Pokemon adventure. The story delivers enough twists and turns to keep you guessing, steeped in the kinds of myths and legends that you forget the British Isles are chock-full of. It might lack the puzzling areas of previous series' entries like Silph Co, but there's plenty to love about Pokemon Sword and Shield, especially the loveable cast of characters, and the impeccable attention to detail in the Galar region both visually and in terms of the regional dialogue. It's a great way to start the next core generation of Pokemon games.

NextN (90%, review in Spanish):
If something has become clear to us after playing Pokémon Sword and Shield is that they are titles that do not disappoint. It is true that history lacks some more intrigue and that the Wild Area could have given more of itself, but they are titles that have ambitious and fun news. The Wild Area is impressive, the Raids are very fun and Dinamax can play a lot in the fighting. Pokémon Sword and Shield set the course that we hope the series will follow for a long time.

Newsweek (9/10):
Sword and Shield will likely be divisive. The lead up to their release has proven that. But Gen 8 is a landmark for the franchise, moving forward with changes that make the experience much more enjoyable. With the series' proper Switch debut, a new era has begun.

Millenium (89/100, review in French):
Sensational. (In every sense of the term).

Pokémon Sword and Shield provides new sensations even to the most experienced trainers who have finished all versions. New Pokémon, new functionality, graphic and musical atmosphere breathtaking ... Game Freak offers a total renewal of its iconic license.

If some details are to be reviewed and the scenario leaves us a little on our hunger, no doubt that the developer offers us today the first game of a long series on Nintendo Switch.

Areajugones (8.8/10, review in Spanish):
Pokémon Sword and Shield is a videogame that knows how to keep intact the inheritance it receives from previous deliveries and, at the same time, introduce a series of new elements that will lead the franchise into the future. In an attempt to be a gateway for everyone, the new Game Freak play will please both newcomers and more experienced players because, although some sections of this new installment have received less attention, it still has a content attractive enough for every coach to find his place in the new region of Galar.

Game Informer (8.75/10):
Pokémon Sword & Shield are strong first attempts for the series' full transition to consoles. While some frustrations hold it back from true legendary status, this new generation proves the Pokémon franchise is still great more than two decades after its debut.

Everyeye.it (8.5/10, review in Italian):
Sword and Shield are complex and convincing titles, which undoubtedly manage to remove some rust from a video game born in 1996, and which since then has always struggled to renew itself: a solid story, a greater variety of gameplay, visible Pokémon to the naked eye, the abandonment of boring grinding mechanics and a more refined level design are the elements that summarize the essence of this generation step, embraced by a soundtrack with attention to the smallest details. The defects, as always, are not lacking, from an endgame that is perhaps too poor in contents, to the Wild Lands which are only the embryo of an idea to be explored and developed in the future. In any case, the only real regret concerns the technical sector of the securities, below the standards to which Switch has accustomed us and difficult to accept given the nature of triple A products. Spada and Scudo are proof that you can always improve, as happened in the narrative and competitive context of the two games. Now it is time to also adapt the look and feel of Pokémon to its identity: that of the largest and most famous franchise of the contemporary era.

Gamer.nl (8.5/10, review in Dutch):
Although the Pokémon franchise is increasingly experimenting with innovation, Pokémon Sword and Shield don't want to know much about such modernization. Instead, the games prove that the Pokémon formula does not actually need such changes. In no time you lose yourself in the beautifully designed game world and above all enjoy the cool new Pokémon. This results in a familiar and sometimes somewhat predictable journey that does exactly what we want from a Pokémon game.

IGN Spain (8.5/10, review in Spanish):
Pokémon Sword and Shield are two great additions to the series. They may lack the impact of other generational premieres and that do not involve a revolution or similar to the one we saw with Sol y Luna and its tropical theme, but they focus on defining and exploring new, more classic cutting options. Beyond the controversy for the Pokédex, we are left by the winks and attempts of Game Freak to please all kinds of players, veterans and novices, trying to include all kinds of features. The number, design and types of the new Pokémon will add new sap to the competitive and the goal and the style of navigation of the Wild Area hopefully it will be the starting point for the future games of the series, this time with the possibility of handling the camera during The whole adventure

MeriStation (8.3/10, review in Spanish):
Let no one be confused: Pokémon Sword and Shield are two great video games; without a doubt, the best editions of the saga ever made in the 3D era. Who expected a jump that catapulted the series to excellence can continue to wait, but these deliveries cement the path that the saga will travel in the future, and do it in the most appropriate way possible when assessing the player's time, rewarding at all times and before each action. Pokémon has become a modern JRPG without renouncing its essence, because it feels as such, in a calculated and measured way to satisfy those who demanded those changes and those who prefer to continue as before. A soundtrack of Ordago, designs of the dozens of new species of the most original and a new mechanics, the Dinamax phenomenon, which fits perfectly with the competitive environment, are some of the differential aspects of Galar. The Wild Area is the jewel in the crown, an opening of arms to the open world with room for improvement, but with principles that suppose, as a base, a radical change in the way we had to understand the saga. If you didn't like Pokémon, this is where you should start; If you liked Pokémon, Sword and Shield will make an immediate gap between your favorite deliveries. The formula remains inexhaustible, fireproof. Now she is more alive than ever.

EGM (4/5):
The first new-generation Pokémon game to release on a proper home console does not disappoint. New features like Dynamaxing and the Wild Area are fun additions that make the experience of becoming a Pokémon champion still feel fresh. It's just a shame that Game Freak didn't lean into the new features more than they did.

Nintendo Life (8/10, video):
Pokémon Sword and Shield succeed in bringing some new ideas to the table, but they're also somewhat guilty of not pushing things far enough. What's done right is done right, but what's done wrong feels like it's come from a decade-old design document. There are moments contained within that are best the series has ever been, but this joy is at times spoiled by contrasting moments that left us disappointed and did not match up to the rest of what the rest of these games can offer. What we've got here is an experience full of highs and lows, from the unadulterated wonder and joy of seeing a brand-new Pokémon in a stadium full of cheering crowds, to the monotonous and dragged-out dialogue we just wanted to skip. The wonders of exploring the Wild Area feels like the true evolution of the series, but even this brave stride forward is balanced out by the inclusion of restrictive and boring Routes from games of old. The niggling issues are impossible to ignore, then, but on the whole, Pokémon Sword and Shield are a solid start to the HD generation of Pokémon games, but there's ample room for improvement with the next outing.

IGN Benelux (8/10, review in Dutch):
Pokemon Sword & Shield does a lot of good. The animations, the large open Wild Area and the quality of life improvements have a huge impact on the game. On the other hand, a number of major opportunities are being missed. A voice-over, more depth in the story and a full Pokédex would make this game far beyond itself. But I am sure that I will experience hundreds of hours of fun through the Wild Area and training my perfect team.

Jeuxvideo.com (16/20, review in French):
Pokémon Sword / Shield offers some new very appreciable things. Its artistically beautiful world, its more pronounced work on the realization, but also its new generation of Pokémon as well as several additions like the presence of a last part slightly reworked compared to the precedents make it a convincing opus. Its still very classic structure, its overall lack of difficulty and its technical shortcomings - aliasing in docked mode, clipping - however prevent it from claiming the status of unavoidable. The model of the wild lands and faults present there, however, brings a real good idea to the certain potential for the rest of the series, which we hope to see return on next episodes Switch.

Vandal (8/10, review in Spanish):
In spite of everything, and as a good Pokémon it is, it is still a very fun, entertaining and addictive game with which we had a great time. So much so that it has left us with the bug of continuing to play to complete our Pokédex and train our ideal team. In addition, it brings very interesting and grateful news, such as the Wild Area, the Dinamax phenomenon, the raids or the breeding improvements, not to mention how much we liked the eighth generation of these charismatic pocket monsters. If you like the saga, you will hardly enjoy everything Galar has to offer you, but if you expected a really qualitative leap to take it to the next level, this delivery may end up disappointing you.

Gamereactor (8/10):
Pokémon Sword/Shield innovates by having one foot resting in the essence of what makes the Pokémon universe what it is today, while having the other dipped into new waters, introducing new mechanics where innovation really matters. The result is an experience that feels magnificent and truly epic while not straying too far from its core. It's a pity that the Wild Areas feel somewhat deserted and that the Dynamaxing is a bit too simplified, but make no mistake - Sword/Shield is still a journey that most Switch owners should consider embarking on.

Multiplayer.it (8/10, review in Italian):
This review of Pokémon Sword and Scudo is very long, we know, but we hope it serves to better explain a simple concept: we liked the new Game Freak game, enjoyed it for about forty hours, but it didn't entertain us as much as and how we hoped. Although embellished with new perspectives for a franchise that seems to have said it all for years, the new Game Freak effort has given up too much content that ultimately makes it one of the most incomplete Pokémon to usher in a new generation. We saw a hasty development that sacrificed the wealth of content that the best exponents of the series had accustomed us to, voting Spada and Scudo for the freest and most complete customization of the pocket monsters. The coming weeks will reveal the impact of this decision on the competitive scene; meanwhile, a bitter taste remains for what Pokémon could have been in this first incarnation for Nintendo Switch.

Comic Book (4/5):
Once the dust settles from the controversies stirred up over the summer, Pokemon Sword and Shield will be looked upon by fans fondly. This is a great Pokemon game, one that, at times, pushes up against its self-imposed limitations and teases a new path for the Pokemon franchise. The real question coming out of Pokemon Sword and Shield is whether the Pokemon Company will build upon the newest innovations seen in the game and strive to keep the Pokemon franchise exciting and relevant, or if they'll just retreat to familiarity and disappoint a fanbase looking for reasons to keep playing for decades to come. Pokemon Sword and Shield is a half-step forward for the Pokemon franchise — we'll see if they put the other step forward with their next set of games, which could be critical to keeping some of its more jaded fans.

3DJuegos (8/10, review in Spanish):
Pokémon Sword and Shield bring some new ideas and improvements, but we miss more innovation and more and better endgame contents. You'll enjoy exploring the new Galar Region and catching the new and amazing Pokémon, but the Pokémon RPG for Nintendo Switch feels like a missed opportunity to do something big.

Metro GameCentral (7/10):
Pokémon Sword and Shield doesn't come close to offering that and while it is still a perfectly entertaining experience it's impossible to play it without constantly thinking about what you'd wish had been done better. If Game Freak, Nintendo, and The Pokémon Company don't buck their ideas up then it's inevitable that someone else is going to come along with a better take on the same premise, because Pokémon is much too good an idea to be serviced only by underdeveloped games such as this.

Gameblog.fr (7/10, review in French):
Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, the first real original duo of the main series on Switch, are not to Pokémon what Breath of the Wild is to The Legend of Zelda, namely a bold upheaval of fundamentals to establish a formula reinvented for coming years. With these new games Pokémon, Game Freak proceeds as usual in the evolution of the series, small touches, all the more welcome this time they seem absolutely necessary today, like the boxes PC accessible everywhere. Without major disruption but with significant improvements, in terms of game comfort mainly, and while some will probably deplore the reduced number of Pokémon referenced base in the Pokédex Galar, new region that enjoys a care of atmosphere and staging undeniable, Pokémon remains faithful to its formula still winning for over twenty years, at the risk of missing the evolutionary step offered and hoped for by its convergence with the so popular Nintendo Switch. That said, the proposal is still effective for those for whom risk taking is secondary and of course the newcomers, especially children, the first public concerned and whose generations succeed and always succumb to the charms of those offered over the years by Pokémon.

Paste Magazine (7/10):
Pokémon Sword and Shield is a fair beginning to a new era of console-based Pokémon games, but one that needs significant improvement in the quality of the graphics and the design of its open areas. As much as I'd like to see the full Pokédex in a Pokémon game, what would be the point? Every Pokémon deserves a detailed treatment, and Sword and Shield don't achieve that. It's nice to hunt Pokémon in a more expansive playfield and I plan to completely fill out the rosters on both games. But its potential remains not entirely realized, as tantalizingly out of reach as our ability to catch 'em all.

Daily Star (3/5):
Pokémon Sword and Shield are not bad games. But fun character arcs and inventive, creative designs of new 'mon are often offset by poor pacing and restrictive world design.

The world of Galar is charming, and is a Pokémon interpretation of Britain I've dreamed of since I was a kid, but between gating what Pokémon you can catch behind Gym Badges, some half-baked route/City designs and a modest amount of post-game content, Sword and Shield can only be called 'good' Pokémon games… not 'great' ones.

VG247 (3/5):
Thus is the conundrum, the paradox. Pokemon Sword & Shield is all too often a bit disappointing, and in some places actually feels a little unfinished, but it also fully provides that warm, fuzzy feeling that one expects from the series. Crucially, even through frustration, never once did I think about putting it down, which is to its credit. It comes recommended almost for the Galar setting and new Pokemon alone, but with a long list of caveats indeed. With the level of fan hyperbole surrounding this release, that recommendation is worth repeating and underscoring – but this is not the revolution that was promised or hoped for, and some may prefer to wait for a sale or wait and see if an improved, definitive release is on the cards.

Last edited:
Review discussion guidelines

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Review threads have often been some of the most contentious on the forum. To improve the level of discussion therein, please observe the following guidelines in all review threads (including this one):

• No matter your stance on the game, your contributions always should be thoughtful and backed with substance. Avoid drive-by posting (do not just drop a hot take and leave).
• Do not engage in metacommentary or generalizations about other members who disagree with you. This will be moderated strictly.
• Do not troll. If the staff determine that you are trolling or attempting to inflame the discussion you will be banned.
• Exercise caution before accusing a media outlet or reviewer of having ulterior motives behind their score. If your claim is inflammatory and you cannot substantiate it, you will be banned.
• The standard spoiler policy from the FAQ still applies. Make sure spoilers are tagged. If you are very sensitive to spoilers beyond what is described in the FAQ, don't view the thread.
• Treat your fellow members with respect at all times. These are only video games.

All rules laid out in our General Guide still apply in this thread. These additional guidelines will apply to all future review threads and will be reposted as necessary.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Holy fuck I forgot this was coming out this week

Star Wars too

Hoping this reviews well, wanna jump in at some point

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
It goes without saying, but please be mindful of spoilers, some of us haven't participated in the huge leak threads.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
And here go...let's see how many mention the missing Pokemon

I expect high 80s but in my opinion it deserves less than that based on all the stuff they removed

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped af. Won't be reading any reviews, but it will be interesting to see the scores. I'm guessing it will land between 80 and 85.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Gonna review like all other mainline Pokemon games. So 84-88. Don't remember many reviews talking about postgame or much of anything other than the campaign and stuff you experience in it.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Get the feeling this is gonna be a spicy one.

Thinking it drops a couple points more from S/M/US/UM

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
This'll be a fun thread!

Hoping for maturity to prevail when the scores hit (whatever they are) but who am I kidding...

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
Making this thread requires a lot of courage, so props to you

And oh boy, this could be a crapshow

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I've gone from genuinely curious about this game (I never played a Pokemon before), to uninterested when it was finally revealed, to morbidly curious about how bad it seems (especially after seeing those hilarious gifs).
I'm going to monitor this thread, but probably not for the good reasons. But well, I'm starting a 9 hours night bus ride and reading a book makes me nauseous, so I've got an excuse to waste time in my phone instead.

GeeseHoward

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sub 80 if there is any justice for the cut content.

Will probably go up to 85.

Either way this thread will go places.

NeoKnight

Oct 28, 2017
I'm expecting it to be close to around 88. For some of the things that fans complain about, I think the game will do enough things new to keep it fresh and make it feel like the next gen entry into Pokemon. As for me, Shield day one, already pre-ordered.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Voted for low 80's, but I can see it dipping below 80, or going above 85.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Here's hoping reviewers don't gloss over all the terrible issues we've been finding out since sunday.
They probably won't
But I've seen Pokemon has been getting scores more in line with what they deserve since USUM, so who knows. Everything we've seen lately makes it sound like a 70s game, but I doubt it'll go that low

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
85-89 seems like the right range, but I saw some stuff that I'm sure will can tank the scores so let's see.
I'm just hoping the game won't be as easy as X/Y.