• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Nintendo Switch Online membership (sold separately) and Nintendo Account required for some online features. This game includes an in-game purchase option for users who do not have a membership. Not available in all countries. Internet access required for online features.

Pokemon

This is such an interesting way to go about this. I wonder if more first party Switch games will do things like this.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Is that an in-game purchase for a NSO membership, or for online access to just Sword/Shield? If it's the latter, it has to be dirt cheap, given that NSO itself is already really cheap.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Is that an in-game purchase option for a stand-alone online pass? or is it a way to purchase Switch Online in-game?

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
I'm not so sure I understand what's going on.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
That just sounds like there's an option in-game to sub to Nintendo Online, not that you can play without it/have it only for Pokemon.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
So Nintendo is selling an online subscription for all games and separate online passes for games? They're smart.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This reads like there will be an option to buy NSO, rather than a per-game sub

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, this is just an in-game pop-up directing you to the subscription, which is how all other games requiring the subscription do it.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
My longterm hope that Pokémon would be exempt from the paid online requirement, which had a 0.0% chance or happening, has finally dissolved.

It's so crazy to think for the first time you'll have to subscribe to a service in order to trade Pokémon online. It's such a major function. 100% of my trades have been conducted online ever since it became possible, even with real life friends.

I don't know. It's not a lot of money. But it's still weird to think about how it used to be free.

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Hmmm, if it's for an in game prompt to sub, why note that separately? Not that I am doubting it, i just find it weird.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Close the thread. It's not what they're saying.

NSO is required but it can be bought by an intake window.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Don't know all of the details, but this seems like kind of a good idea. If someone would only play Pokemon online in terms of Switch titles and didn't want to shell out $20 for a year of NSO, getting them in for $5-10 for just Pokemon seems like a savvy financial move.

Status
Not open for further replies.