• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like it?

• Yes.

Votes: 1,473 61.9%
  • No.

Votes: 644 27.1%
  • Can´t say. Still shocked.

Votes: 263 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I thought it would be interesting to have a poll about the first impressions.

I´m personally excited for the haptic feedback and ergonomy improvements.

EVBtNBVUYAALsWO

EVBr3e7UwAAFMRN

EVBvhvlUwAEmXBi

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All those likes in the tweet, people are thirsty for PS5!

My only complaint is the lack of colors for the face buttons. They're too iconic.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This thread boutta be locked for the reasoning "this can be discussed under the general controller reaction thread" etc. etc.

also it's ugly

www.resetera.com

Introducing DualSense, PS5's controller (Audio Jack Confirmed)

Lol this does not look like a third-party controller. And the single tone/black edits look way worse I think. Surprised so many people are so angry/think this looks bad!

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Not enough choices.

Not a fan of the color scheme, the mocks posted in the official thread look nice tho.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I've never really enjoyed symmetrical joypads (and in turn, PS controllers), but obviously Sony is pretty set in their ways with that. It looks alright to me, love the color scheme.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I like that it's bigger, but I still don't like the stick placement. They're in the same spot as the ds4 which is still too close together for me.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
When I first saw it in the tweet it looked a lot more boomerang-ish and I really disliked it, but after seeing the high res photos and the other angles I think it looks pretty nice

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
This looks like a fake controller from an early to mid 2000s show where they have their own fictional console to avoid copyright. Awful.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
At first I kinda dug design, the more I look at it the more I dislike it.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. First impression was that it looked weird, but the more I see it the more I like it.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Got to wait to try it, but it looks like Sony is trying to innovate like they did with Sixaxis, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Love it, it's something new and fresh. Hoping the PS5 design follows suit. I had the same positive feeling with the Series X console design.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine. Features sound good. Prefer the non symmetrical sticks though. Wish there was an option of that.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it looks really cool and leaves a lot of alternative color and design possibilities open in the future.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I don't like the name change and the lack of colours on the buttons. The latter was borderline iconic.

Otherwise it's fine. A bit chubbier than I was expecting.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of clear buttons. Otherwise, it's fine visually. I'm skeptical about the different grips. I really like the rounded handles of the DS4.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White is such a terrible color for a controller. Also amazing that Sony still hasn't figured out how to bow out the triggers more.

I like the shape though. Basically an Xbox controller with symmetrical sticks.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
It's aesthetically weird but I like the changes they made to the actual functional parts of it, so I voted yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.