• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect from Nintendo in the Game Awards?

• Smash character reveal

Votes: 26 24.1%
  • Something about M E T R O I D (probably HD Prime Trilogy?)

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Something about No More Heroes 3 (a trailer is ready to be shown iirc)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • More Bayonetta 3

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Something we don´t expect at all (like a crazy port or a new IP)

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Other (please specify in the thread)

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Nothing ):)

Votes: 14 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Off the top of my head, I recall the Bayonetta 3 reveal (apart from the 1+2 ports), which was pretty cool:

The reveal of Joker as a Smash character was great too.

Also, I always get kind of emotional when I see the moment Breath Of The Wild was revealed as GOTY. So, somehow it seems that Nintendo and the VGA have been creating certain links or connections. I do believe Nintendo sees this event as a great opportunity to show something in the end of the year.

So we are in a moment in which the Nintendo fans, always craving for news, are waiting patiently. It may not be like a lot, but it will sure be something surprising or unexpected. There is some dose of hype floating in the air already.

I have added a poll to because it is always cool to choose options and because it may help us discuss and predict about what the Kyoto company may have up on their sleeve for the upcoming event. Be nice!

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people seem to think a new Breath of the Wild 2 trailer will reveal there with a release year attached.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
We've been expecting Metroid Prime Trilogy for like 2 years now at every major event they could possibly announce it and so far we've gotten nothing. Yet here I am still expecting it this time around. Why do I do this?

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I think BOTW2 re-emerges. I think something else happens we're not expecting.

I'm not really predicting it anymore but I still have hope that the Game Awards is the proper venue to re-introduce Metroid Prime 4.

I just want some Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 caliber of surprises. Nintendo's best when we can't predict them.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Should have been multiple choices :p
Voted for Bayo out of all of those, but the first post-FP Smash DLC is a given imo.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think Smash is only happening if they're showing off a second wave character.

At this point it doesn't make much sense to highlight character pack reveals on a shared grand stage when the Fighters Pass has by this point largely been sold to the audience. The announcement of Terry Bogard likely didn't make thousands of people rush out to buy the pass because by now most people have a good idea of what's on there and they've probably already sold the most of what they're going to sell. That was different going into last year's event; we had no idea what to expect from DLC because the only additional content at that point was Piranha Plant, so most people probably hadn't bought the pass yet. Smash hype was also at an all-time high so it was the perfect opportunity to knock people out with the shock reveal of Joker.

Basically if they're going to bring Smash I only expect it to be if it means they're trying to kick off the next wave and set the expectations again on what to expect. The only exception I can envision is if they somehow manage to secure a big deal third party like Doomguy or Crash, but even then I'm not hedging my bets.

I'm gonna say Nintendo will announce a first look at something that's already known, like Bayonetta 3 or BOTW2. They'll follow that up with a new game announcement, which part of me suspects will be Odyssey 2.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
2017 - Bayo 1-2-3
2018 - Joker in Smash, Ultimate Alliance 3

I'd say all of these falls under did not expect it to happen. So I'm gonna go with that again... though I could see anything between BotW2, Bayo 3, MPT and a Smash character happen :P

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I think it'll be Bayo 3 but Nintendo likes them surprises at TGA, so for the lulz I'm going to say a reboot for an old IP

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Possibly first BOTW2 gameplay. Possibly a Smash character. Possibly a new announcement for a more "core" game, though I can't think of any with Bayo 3 and MP4 both known.

I wasn't expecting more Smash originally but the announcement of another round of DLC makes it a lot more likely. So I'd lean toward one of the first two, but there's always room for a surprise instead (or in addition).

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Bayonetta 3, they will show the new direction of the game. This time action-rpg with more open levels.

don't @ me :D

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Isabelle in Animal Crossing.

And all it will be is her talking from the black void with one light source zone a.k.a. the file load screen saying hello to Geoff and the Game Awards and how much she looks forward to seeing us in New Horizon. No actual gameplay of her in the game.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I expect a Smash reveal, but not the 5th fighter of our current pass; that will be shown this month during Terry's showcase, I'm certain. Game Awards seems the perfect place to tease the 1st character of the next wave of DLCs, but will be something very allusive like Joker's, with no gameplay and just an animation

other than that?.. I don't know.. a No More Heroes III trailer seems a good idea, but Nintendo probably isn't the one publishing, so... they gotta have something new for 2020 announced there, like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 last year.

I expect no Metroid nor Bayonetta, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.