• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your take on this :

• Will buy it for 60$/40£

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Will rent it for 2$/2£ for 2 months

Votes: 69 87.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2019
GeOW 5 is coming soon. One of my friend will extend GP sub. again with deal now on Xbox store. You can buy 2 months of GPU for 2$/2£. Anyway, since MS's 1st party games are available day 1 on GP, he said he will never again buy MS's game at full price nor when it will be cheaper one day

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
Since I have Ultimate for 3 years it's pointless buying it at this stage so it's a "rent" for me.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Prolly only gonna rent. I have owned Gears 4 for a long time and really only play it to replay story missions. Maybe I'll buy it really cheap after xmas for like 20

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
What if I'm going to play with gamepass but for more than 2$ since I already used that? and btw It's now called Gears 5. The "of war" part is gone.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Wait, you can pay £2 play gears for a month and be done with it? I'm only interested in the story.

Aug 26, 2019
MeOW

0a0ff395fba92abe86cbd020f700f0a6.jpg

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird phrasing of the OP, not even including the title itself but oh well no real surprise. I'm signed up to Game Pass Ultimate for the next two years, so bring on all the games - including Gears 5.

Deleted member 1607

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well your friend is correct OP, there isn't a reason to buy these games now. I myself have game pass so that's how i'll play it when I get to it.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Your poll is limited.

I'll be playing it through Gamepass but I haven't paid £2 for a trial.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
I am on Ultimate for 3 years, so no buy.

I have to believe that MS will eventually prevent people from signing up for 2 bucks and then cancelling to play the game that they want.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber. I've already paid for my Ultimate Edition physical copy.

GeoW has been "around," but it has always been dumb. Just say Gears...

edit: It doesn't even makes sense anymore, since "of War" is no longer in the title, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this question would have been more interesting if Game Pass was at its intended pricing rather than the huge discount people took advantage of after E3 or a similar type of deal like your friend is using.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
GeOW 5 lol. It's Gears 5. I'll be playing it on Game Pass just like every other fist party title. Best thing to come out of this gen.

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
I have 2 years of ultimate and I intend to continue to be subscribed to it after then so I don't know if it's a rental or a buy?

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
GeOW 5 is coming soon. One of my friend will extend GP sub. again with deal now on Xbox store. You can buy 2 months of GPU for 2$/2£. Anyway, since MS's 1st party games are available day 1 on GP, he said he will never again buy MS's game at full price nor when it will be cheaper one day
Is this your long-game to validate the posts from the FH4 thread?

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I am on Ultimate for 3 years, so no buy.

I have to believe that MS will eventually prevent people from signing up for 2 bucks and then cancelling to play the game that they want.
They are betting that, as with most subscriptions, once you sign up you either a) forgot you signed up and let it roll or b) the steam of content is enough to keep you subscribing. (see studio acquisitions)

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Why are those the only 2 options? Why not "I'll pick it up at its first appearance in a Steam sale, probably around Christmas, because it actually doesn't matter whether I play it now or next month or next year?"

I'm guessing you didn't have enough space in the poll?

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread seems like it'll just invite unproductive and heated discussion, and the premise is rather unnecessary, therefore we've decided to lock it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.