• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like it could be a possible mistake, but after yesterday's surprise announcement of the Bethesda/Zenimax acquisition, who knows?

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla is under the the Xbox Game Pass block in the image below. Users of the site have apparently seen a listing for Dirt 5 for Game Pass too which has since been removed. We already know Destiny 2: Beyond Light and Gears Tactics are coming.

Spotted by Reddit user u/madman554444 / https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/ixjdzi/is_assassins_creed_valhalla_coming_to_game_pass/

tu1tv0wxrno51.jpg

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking mistake but would love for it to be true

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If true, cant wait to hear how unsustainable it is as a service from everyone here :P
and i'll play it asap and make sure i have more months of gamepass.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Is DIRT5 coming to Game Pass? That would also be new news.

That being said, there was an insider earlier this year (couldn't tell you the specifics) who said that we should expect a "major AAA third-party game launching on Game Pass." At the time, it was received as being Cyberpunk or bust, but with CP2077 not releasing their next-gen patch until next year, Valhalla might be the better launch game that fills the Halo-sized hole on Day 1 of XSX with Game Pass.

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I reckon the images are related to the text above - games optimised for Series X|S, even though it is kind of badly designed if that's the case, as it looks like they're attached to the Gamepass text.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Looks like a mail with a misleading and terrible layout to me. Has there ever been a Assassins Creed game on Game Pass?

Oct 25, 2017
It's an ad for the console, saying that it can play "new releases" and "100+ games on Game Pass". So Game Pass only applies to the 100+ games, not the new releases.

105-Shake

Aug 13, 2020
Yeah, the layout is a little wonky. Those games relate to the optimized for Series X | S part

Rocco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Of all the big third party publishers, Ubisoft is the one who I could see feeling froggy and testing the waters on a AAA day one third party launch into Game Pass, especially at the start of a new gen.

However, it would set a precedent and expectation going forward for the franchise.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I could clone myself and still wouldn't have time to fit in Valhalla at launch, and that's assuming it's half as long as Odyssey.

Would be cool if it happened, though.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the big third party publishers, Ubisoft is the one who I could see feeling froggy and testing the waters on a AAA day one third party launch into Game Pass, especially at the start of a new gen.

However, it would set a precedent and expectation going forward for the franchise.
They have their own service for this on PC. Would be a bit weird if they do this on PC also, on a service that costs less.

Status
Not open for further replies.