• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, believe it or not - I have been using Macs most of my life. Anyway, I have been using Windows 10/11 lately at work and actually like it more than macOS.

Anyway, I know the best AV solution is to basically not be an idiot but can I get by with just Windows Defender and maybe Malwarebytes for endpoint security?

Thanks!

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Use the built in Windows Defender and practice safe browsing habits. There's practically zero need for an AV client these days as long as you're safe.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Common sense while using the web, Windows Defender is perfectly fine with that in mind, MalwareBytes for periodic scans.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
Are you going on dodgy sites? Browser ad blocks are your friends. (Just install a couple of low impacting on performance ones). At the moment even using my corrupt uncle (TM) says streaming sites viruses aren't an issue. If you are doing dodgy stuff outside of that though then AVG/AVAST are alright.

OP
OP
EJS

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Are you going on dodgy sites? Browser ad blocks are your friends. (Just install a couple of low impacting on performance ones). At the moment even using my corrupt uncle (TM) says streaming sites viruses aren't an issue. If you are doing dodgy stuff outside of that though then AVG/AVAST are alright.
Haha, no. I just am using it for general use.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah an adblocker in your browser plus built in defender will do you just fine.

OP
OP
EJS

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I feel like I have gotten my answer and it's pretty consistent. If a mod wants to close this thread, that's probably smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.