• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
1. RE2
2. Sekiro
3. Devil May Cry 5
4. Death Stranding
5. The Outer Worlds
6. Untitled Goose Game
7. Luigi's Mansion 3
8. Fire Emblem Three Houses
9. Control
10. Kingdom Hearts 3

Those that don't make the cut (top 20): Jedi Fallen Order, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Disco Elysium, The Outer Wilds, Gears 5, Days Gone and SMM 2.

Last edited:

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
RE2
Death Stranding
Sekiro
DMC5
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Disco Elysium
Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Sword/Shield

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Re2, control, death stranding, days gone. DMC5 should win goty And I think gears should be on list. But that'd be blasphemy on here

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have anything else to add but I hope Shenmue 3 is good enough for the top 20.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I fully expect RE2 to be this year's pick for GOTY. Death Stranding has been fairly polarizing from what I've seen so I doubt it will make #1.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
1. RE2
2. Sekiro
3. Devil May Cry 5
4. The Outer Worlds
5. Death Stranding
6. Untitled Goose Game
7. Luigi's Mansion 3
8. Fire Emblem Three Houses
9. Control
10. Kingdom Hearts 3

Those that don't make the cut (top 20): Jedi Fallen Order, Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Disco Elysium, The Outer Wilds, Gears 5, Days Gone and SMM 2.
I pretty much think youre spot on. Maybe a little switches here and there, like swap DMC with Outer Worlds, swap Goose Game with Fire Emblem.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro and RE2 gonna battle it out for first place. I actually can't decide myself as of yet. I thoroughly enjoyed them both so much.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed that RE2 qualifies?
It doesn't need to be confirmed, there will be hell if it doesn't count lol.

IMO the remake is a much different game from the original, plays very differently with how durable zombies, new puzzles and a more consistent Mr X. The only similarity is some rooms look familiar and the premise.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. 1 will probably be Death Stranding or Fire Emblem, platform exclusives always do better here (even if DS is getting a PC port 6 months later). No way is the first one gonna be 5th place.

natestellar

Sep 16, 2018
Sekiro for GOTY followed by RE2.

Fire Emblem, Death Stranding and The Outer Worlds to round the Top 5.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In no particular order -

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Outer Worlds
Luigi's Mansion 3
Sekiro
Jedi: Fallen Order
Gears 5
Link's Awakening
Devil May Cry 5
Shenmue III
Untitled Goose Game

Honorable Mentions -

Death Stranding
Resident Evil 2

Pokemon Sword & Shield
Mario Make 2
Dragon Quest Builders 2
R u ok?

Terrysaur

Jun 14, 2019
Pokemon Sword / Shield and Death Stranding will probably be up very high due to the spite vote.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Sword and Shield #1

Never have I seen a more universally beloved game on Era

OP
OP

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Re2, control, death stranding, days gone. DMC5 should win goty And I think gears should be on list. But that'd be blasphemy on here
Gears and COD used to be pretty popular in this community (2006-2009) but for some reason many have soured on them since. Both probably need an actual ground up reinvention to be popular here again. Gears 5 was a great game though, the newest COD was solid I guess.

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
RE2 and Sekiro will comprise the top two.

I'd say that 3rd through to 5th will likely comprise of DMCV, Three Houses and Death Stranding.

The rest of the top 10 is a lot harder to guess, but if I had to say, it would comprise of Luigi's Mansion 3, Outer Worlds, Control, Jedi Fallen Order and Disco Elysium.

I doubt that Mario Maker 2, Astral Chain, Pokemon, or Kingdom Hearts 3 will make the top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.