• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
In a new Gallup poll, 49% approve of the job Trump is doing as president while 45% disapprove, matching the highest his approval rating has ever been in Gallup surveys. A Monmouth University poll released on Monday showed Trump at 46% approval, again the best he has done in that poll in more than three years.

What accounts for Trump's rise? Simple: His response to the coronavirus crisis.

www.cnn.com

President Trump is as popular as he's ever been right now

Here's an indisputable fact: President Donald Trump is as popular today as he has been since his first day in office.

He can do whatever he wants, nothing will ever stick to him.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
This is the early days of a crisis. Y'all need to calm down.

Bush was at like 87% post 911 for reading a fucking book and hiding. These numbers are actually pretty bad.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This is temporary unity due to a crisis. Don't fixate on it.

When things really get bad in 2-3 weeks and we're losing more people than 911 every single day people's tunes will change.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
My guess: more people staying home and answering phones maybe?
And:
The effects of his original inaction to thee outbreak haven't shown themselves yet

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Well it was released on Monday. So this was before he threw grandma under the bus for the Lords of Wall Street.

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
We'll see come November.

I want to believe he'll lose. I want to believe this will be over soon. But regardless of the outcome, he's a horrible human being who needs to answer for his crimes.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
And he will still get curb stomped this November. Can't wait to see these threads turn into dust.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why this is still surprising news. Outside of the Twitter-sphere Trump is incredibly popular.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People smarter than me about these sorts of crisis say that people always rally around a leader at first, and it's not until the months following that the shine stats to wear off. So this is to be expected, no?

Tangeroo

Oct 26, 2017
Trump's "approval rating" is a direct reflection of his supporters' egos. Admitting that he is a shitty president is admitting that they made a terrible decision voting for him. They're not the type of people to admit fault, so they will double down until the day they die.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And he will still get curb stomped this November. Can't wait to see these threads turn into dust.

Wishful thinking, but I hope you're right.

Don't forget that almost every single poll had Hillary beating Trump in 2016. 40% of voters didn't even show up then. We have no idea what will happen this time around, especially with COVID being a thing.

Oct 27, 2017
This is the early days of a crisis. Y'all need to calm down.

Bush was at like 87% post 911 for reading a fucking book and hiding. These numbers are actually pretty bad.
Exactly. Deep breaths people, Trump isn't competent enough to maintain these numbers. I'll bet you Cuomo has already surpassed him Nationally

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
People smarter than me about these sorts of crisis say that people always rally around a leader at first, and it's not until the months following that the shine stats to wear off. So this is to be expected, no?
Yeah... this is to be expected, and it usually drops.

If we get in a situation where we start seeing a big swing in deaths... I think it's reasonable to expect it to drop a bit.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
Yes it's be expected but I wouldn't count on that being reflected in this thread.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
wasnt that poll the one that was done with only 500 people?
its worthless
I was going to ask who responded to this poll? I have multiple adults in my house that disapprove and many people I talk with who disapprove. I take these polls as click bait trash and not representing the true feelings of Americans.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
And let's not confuse approval with "popular". You can approve a person's actions and still find them distasteful.

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I don't know how to interpret multiple polls but this seems. wrong. I mean FiveThirtyEight seems to tell a completely different story with what they're saying.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't help the Dem nominee has completely faded away during this crisis.

People see Trump in these daily briefings "looking presidential", while Biden stumbles through monotonous speeches in his green screened office.

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
Looks like they oversampled conservatives and moderates. (Look on far right.)

NX8pS28.png

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
And I hate him more than ever , also an American but they aren't polling me.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know why this is still surprising news. Outside of the Twitter-sphere Trump is incredibly popular.

"Incredibly popular" he's the reason Orange county turned blue for the first time ever. A place that was known as Reagan county and it just didn't turn blue it flipped every seat blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.