• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Will he come out of his fucking hole, or is he still in danger of getting extradited to face his sexual assault charges?

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I doubt Snowden gets one but shoot, honestly never expected him to pardon this asshole so who knows now.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Assange is only wanted on US charges though. And no one decent should be celebrating this after the role he played in helping get Trump elected.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The UK doesn't have any charges on him? Isn't he in their custody right now?

NuncaBob

Dec 2, 2020
Eorzea
Where can I read about the official charges against Assange? Not the ones for sexual assault but the ones made by the US for espionage(?) or whatever.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
no, i'm not. all charges against him sound like bullshit.

as far as america is concerned, that is. i don't know about his rape charges, but that's sweden's business.

Chelsea Manning angle aside, Trump pardoned both sides of the connection between Wikileaks and his 2016 presidential campaign (Roger Stone being the other), with neither man ever admitting their relationship.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I've been told quite a few times "You cant just assume Russia are behind everything", but it's strange how if you ponder every single decision Trump makes, they all benefit Putin somehow.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
In 2016 (and its aftermath):
  1. Russia hacked the DNC/Podesta.
  2. Russia gave e-mails to WikiLeaks.
  3. WikiLeaks coordinated with Trump campaign to release the e-mails (right after they found out about the Access Hollywood tape).
  4. Assange lied about the origin of the hacked e-mails, claiming they weren't from Russia.
  5. Russia also hacked the RNC, but those e-mails were never released.
And more recently we learned:
Trump offered WikiLeaks' Julian Assange a pardon if he covered up Russian hacking of Democrats, lawyer tells court (CNBC)
President Donald Trump offered a pardon to Julian Assange if the WikiLeaks chief agreed to say that Russia had nothing to do with hacking emails from Democrats during the 2016 presidential election, Assange's lawyer said.
White House spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham called the claim by Assange's lawyer "a complete fabrication and a total lie." She also said Trump "barely knows Dana Rohrabacher," who reportedly was the intermediary.
Also note that Roger Stone also floated the likelihood of a pardon to Assange:
In a June 2017 Twitter direct message cited in the records, Stone reassured Assange that the issue was "still nonsense" and said "as a journalist it doesn't matter where you get information only that it is accurate and authentic."

He cited as an example the 1971 Supreme Court ruling that facilitated the publishing by newspapers of the Pentagon Papers, classified government documents about the Vietnam War.

"If the US government moves on you I will bring down the entire house of cards," Stone wrote, according to a transcript of the message cited in the search warrant affidavit. "With the trumped-up sexual assault charges dropped I don't know of any crime you need to be pardoned for — best regards. R."
www.businessinsider.com

FBI documents reveal that Roger Stone was in direct communication with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange

Stone reassured Assange in a Twitter message that if prosecutors came after him, "I will bring down the entire house of cards."

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
So assange took the deal? Seems to me that giving someone a pardon in exchange for covering up evidence of a crime is, a crime.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'm expecting "President Trump will posthumously pardon Adolf Hitler" tomorrow.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump in 2010 on Wikileaks:

"I think it's disgraceful, I think there should be like death penalty or something."

Status
Not open for further replies.