• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
"In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase," writes Choundry. "We will also add game streaming from the cloud to Xbox Game Pass. Gamers will be free to discover, choose, and play their favorite games anywhere and everywhere.

Coundry and Microsoft didn't provide many details beyond that. I've asked Microsoft to clarify if it is adding streaming at no additional charge to buying a game and subscribing to Game Pass.

In response, it provided me the following statement from an Xbox spokesperson:"

"All we can say for now is: We want to offer choice in how players stream games from the cloud. We'll have more details to share at a later date."

venturebeat.com

Project xCloud streaming tech is coming to Xbox Game Pass in 2020

Your Xbox game library and Xbox Game Pass subscription are getting the Project xCloud streaming technology next year after the current test ends.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This is truly huge. Not a surprise, but it was so clearly the right move to make.

And now it begs the question- can Stadia even compete? When this launches, you can get that for essentially the same price, it will come with a good library of preexisting titles, and the promise of many more. Like, you can play a brand new next-gen Halo game on that at the end of next year.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This might be what finally gets me to use my Xbox as something other than a 4K Blu-ray player. I have access to all these games on Gamepass, but Xbox games are absurdly large downloads- I wanted to try Halo 5, but it was almost 100 gigs to download the game, which I was only really going to play for 20 minutes- that I just tend to not bother even trying things on it. But if it's going to work like PS Now- where I press a button and a minute or 2 later it's up and running- i'll be way more willing to try things out

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Now enable it on iOS devices. I'm not swapping to Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.