• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
The PlayStation Plus Collection will be an added benefit to the existing PS4 benefits that PlayStation Plus members receive for a single subscription price – no additional membership fee required. Once you redeem a game from the PlayStation Plus Collection, you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member. PS4 games redeemed from the PlayStation Plus Collection and played on the PS5 console will see benefits such as increased loading speed and improved or more stable framerates with PS5's Game Boost****.
blog.playstation.com

PlayStation Plus Collection details revealed + your November PlayStation Plus games

PS Plus members who own a PS5 console will get the PS5 version of Bugsnax; all PS Plus members get Middle-earth: Shadow of War and Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition as part of November's lineup.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Just lemme see Bloodborne on the PS5 pleeeeeeeeease

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Isn't this going to be the case for every ps4 game though?
At least the loading speeds as framerate will depend if it's capped at 30fps or not?

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All PS4 games in general can benefit from boost mode. This isn't news.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I mean of course right? Boost mode is for all ps4 games running on PS5 or is that implying they did some extra work to unlock framerates or something

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Are there BC games that won't receive increased loading speed or more stable framerates on PS5? I figured these would be freebie improvements on anything played in BC?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bloodborn loading Ain the issue imho. I tried to replay the game recently. It's far too ugly ( only 77cx) and frame skip is atrocious. Standard evolves ...

robinium7

Jul 25, 2020
Ireland
I pointed this out in the other thread, but every PS4 game on PS5 'benefits' from Game Boost, which is a fancy way of saying that the GPU and CPU are better on the PS5 than the PS4 so the game will run a bit better. On most games, it won't make much difference outside of ensuring there are no frame drops, because the resolution is fixed and the frame rate is capped. The only places it will make a difference is in unlocked frame rates or dynamic resolution scaling, but that will be automatic, games don't have to 'support' it.

MentalZer0

Oct 27, 2017
"you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member."

So just like the regular PS Plus titles. Damn!

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
"you can keep the games for as long as you are an active PlayStation Plus member."

So just like the regular PS Plus titles. Damn!

yeah it's just like the "Instant Game Collection" that launched on PS4

such a crazy good value lol

Wait so Bloodborne is getting improved!?

only through regular Game Boost (better loading, better 30fps framerate). there is no update announced that would fix the framepacing issue or allow Game Boost for unlocked framerate or higher resolution.

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
I mean of course right? Boost mode is for all ps4 games running on PS5 or is that implying they did some extra work to unlock framerates or something

Yeah, I installed 4TB of PS4 games on my external drive, several of which are in the PS+ Collection. Wouldn't they be the same version and benefit the same as those in the Collection?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
For clarity's sake, you will get the same improvements if you already own(physical/digital) the games correct?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Faster loading alone would make a hell of a difference on Bloodborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.