• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which announcements will we see?

• God of War sequel

Votes: 77 27.7%
  • New Uncharted (from San Diego studio)

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Final Fantasy XVI

Votes: 197 70.9%
  • Silent Hill (from Japan Studio)

Votes: 150 54.0%
  • Killzone or SOCOM (from Guerrilla)

Votes: 28 10.1%
  • New IP (from any of the WWS studios)

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Other (Harry Potter, Gravity Rush 3, Knack 3, Monster Hunter World 2, etc.)

Votes: 94 33.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2019
Just wanted to take a quick pulse check to see where everyone stands on the likelihood of various announcements tomorrow. I left out anything that's already been officially announced before (like TLOU Factions) to just focus on brand new reveals.

Curious to see how things shake out proportionally!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I think FFXVI is the only "lock" in my opinion, but maybe the big reveal is at TGS, so I don't know.

For the others you mentioned, I hope for Silent Hill, I wouldn't be surprised to see Harry Potter.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
None of the above. I'm expecting games that will be out at launch and through 2021. Nothing too far out.

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy seems possible at this point, I'm not convinced by any of the rest.
I think we'll see cool gameplay of already announced games and confirmation of launch plans but I'm not going in expecting huge new announcements.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think they will focus on the launch lineup with a big surprise at the end without a release date. FF16 is that surprise, imo.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
FF16 and a New IP.

Sony have the strongest line up if the two new consoles by a considerable margin for the near future so there is no need to announce anything else from their First party Megatons so why not give the limelight to a New IP?

Save God of War 2 and Uncharted: Origins for E3.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FF XVI is winning. wow.

Please let the announcement be tomorrow!

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
GoW 2. First one was revealed at E3 2016. I could see a reveal trailer happening tomorrow and gameplay reveal next year with release in 2022.

Ronald_Raygun

Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Um...new Silent Hill, maybe? I'm not expecting an E3 style blowout. I think we'll see gameplay demos for Miles Morales and Demons Souls, and maaaaybe Forbidden West. They'll give the price and release dates for the system and above mentioned games, and that's it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see most of them but like, I don't expect any of these except maybe GoW?

Also did we really need another PS5 event prediction thread?

www.resetera.com

Playstation 5 showcase hype/prediction/bingo thread.

So...checking my favorites bar I found the PS5 Future of Gaming Resetera bingo(made by vicegold), a simple bingo card where you can put your predictions alongside images if you want. And I had this not so original idea to reuse this for wednesday's showcase, so I invite you all to make yours...

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Sony sees what Rowling has been up to and decide not to promote Harry Potter at their show.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, imagine if that Harry Potter game is an exclusive/timed exclusive.

Oct 25, 2017
I think they want to dampen the 299 Xbox. So I could see them going hard on the reveals.

Be like "yeah, that's 299. But check THIS shit out" kinda thing.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Every single one of the poll's options is having your expectations sky-high!

This showcase is probably about launch details and games that will release at launch and close to it. While they could announce a surprise game like they did with Uncharted 4 at PS4's launch event, it's probably just going to be a teaser.

People really need to calm down their hype for tomorrow.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Silent Hill 3rd party exclusive and maaaaaybe a small WWS game. The rest are pipe dreams outside of logos/cgis.

Any unnaounced stuff I think will mostly be 3rd party multiplats and even then prolly not much of that. Resi 8, hitman 3 and maybe 1-2 new ones max.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Only expecting FFXVI because of the rumors, I'm not expecting any more huge first party announcemenrs until later next year, we already got Ratchet, Miles Morales, Demon's Souls and Horizon 2, maybe by this time next year we'll hear about a couple more heavy hitters.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
That multiplayer game that guerilla hired a bunch of rainbow Six siege members to make is my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.