• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Quick question for you PS5 owners. Have any of you noticed any issues with the HDMI port on the back of your PS5's in terms of the HDMI cable not always going in all the way and not clicking into place correctly?

I just got a brand new PS5 from PlayStation Direct and noticed this issue, it took several tries to get the HDMI cable to snap into place correctly via the back HDMI port on the PS5 with the included cable. It just seems totally random if it goes in the right way. I tried different HDMI cables with the same result, the cables just dont want to go in all the way most of the time and randomly, the cable will just smoothly go into place.

I'd take a picture of the port, but visually everything looks ok to my eye.

Anyone noticed this before? The system is otherwise working and no other issues thus far...its super quiet with no coil whine, but was curious what you all thought. I'd hate to RMA this thing over an issue that might just be sort of common or something.

Thanks for any input! :)

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I had a video issue and had to have mine replaced. This sounds different from
What you're experiencing though.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Not PS5 related, but i never had a HDMI cable that clicked into place on any device.
But i had maybe 2 times experienced that HDMI cables and ports sometimes are not really up to "standard", same is true for USB mini and micro.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't had any issues, but like others I've only plugged it on once. Maybe check the port for any damage or debris?

OP
OP
mindatlarge

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Not PS5 related, but i never had a HDMI cable that clicked into place on any device.
But i had maybe 2 times experienced that HDMI cables and ports sometimes are not really up to "standard", same is true for USB mini and micro.
I guess click isn't the right word more just go in all the way and smoothly without issue.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I recently moved my ps5 and it took me a few tries to plug the hdmi back in. I think its possible that it might be a tiny bit crooked and you need to look closley while plugging it in rather than going by "feel."

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I guess click isn't the right word more just go in all the way and smoothly without issue.

Got it.

I would say if it sits tight in the HDMI port, the pins and port looks ok and there are no problems with connection it is ok.
On most devices i have the "problem" that the HDMI cable is to loose. Especially on my TV, where the cables are hanging in air.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I had to unplug + re-plug mine once because the colors were washed out, was odd but it hasn't happened since, probably more likely a handshaking issue between the PS5 and the notoriously fickle X900H.

Andvary

Nov 14, 2017
Anyone noticed this before? The system is otherwise working and no other issues thus far...its super quiet with no coil whine, but was curious what you all thought. I'd hate to RMA this thing over an issue that might just be sort of common or something.

Thanks for any input! :)

Yes, mine is like that too, I couldn't get any video until I reinserted the HDMI a third time. It's been working fine otherwise.

OP
OP
mindatlarge

mindatlarge

Oct 27, 2017
PA, USA
Well, thanks all for the replies. You were all very helpful. I am gonna consider it just something not to worry about since everything else seems fine and I'll get to enjoying the system.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.