• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firstadopter

Oct 25, 2017
Retail store employees,

What is the ratio of customer demand inquiries for Sony PS5 consoles versus Xbox Series X/S consoles?

Thanks.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Wouldn't this be mostly anecdotal and even if it wasn't, largely irrelevant to anybody aside from console warring?

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seeing on twitter from store employees that PS5 is in demand more, but it's ultimately a stock issue at the moment. They're both selling out SXes and PS5s. The XSS is the one that hangs around a while but even that is out of stock in some parts.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine its about the same its just that Microsoft has been better at sourcing parts to get stock in stores.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Yes and a retail employee would only know about the dealings of their store and maybe the surrounding ones.
Even then, it ignores other factors like why would as many customers ask for a console if it was in stock? I would imagine no one is asking employees for the Series S because you can just buy it online or walk in and grab one.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
lets start at the top

most people want milk, bread, eggs, and cheese

then you have your staples like pasta and rice, stuff you can buy and keep in the pantry, same with canned foods

then you do meats, large protiens, things you plan a dinner around

then toilet paper, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, etc.

toiletries like soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc

then you got pet food and pet supplies, treats, maybe a toy

then you have specialized items, desserts, ice cream, frozen pizza

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of the Reddit AMA threads and the comments would go along the lines of "....well I'm not a retail store employee, but...."

PeachyTofu

Magazine Journalist - PLAY, PC Gamer, Edge
Verified
Jul 9, 2021
United Kingdom
Surely it would just depend on what the specific store has available on shelves at the time? I don't see customers asking about a PS5 if there's one right in front of them. Not exactly sure what the purpose of this question is meant to be?

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just look to reseller market to gauge demand. The cost of a PS5 is higher.
PS5s are still in way more demand. They've sold more than the other versions and the Series S is now in that part where it has to go on sale to drive demand at times.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
people might need an occasional restock of basics

salt, pepper, sugar, spices, flour

but you dont need to rebuy these too often, they keep for a long time and are usually used sparsely

next is maybe fresh fruits and vegetables, you need to buy these weekly or by-weekly

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is useless and will only be used for console warring. We're not doing this here.

Status
Not open for further replies.