• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everything runs fast on my wifi, except the PS5. Had the same issue with older Playstations too. I thought PS5 would fix this, but still getting issues. I get at most 50mbps on my 500mbps internet, most other devices hit 300mbps regularily.

Is my only option a powerline adapter or running a long ethernet to my modem? Does anyone know of any wifi fixes for PS5?

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
My wife got the PS5 and also seems to have connectivity issues wirelessly. Gets connection errors every now and then. Speed doesn't seem to be an issue but it does seem to fluctuate between 266 and 152Mbps. We have a 300Mbps fiber connection. Sorry if my post didn't help but I'm also looking to see if anyone knows anything.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
My PS5 literally won't connect to my WiFi and won't download updates to current games. So, yeah, different track, same train.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
There's so many variables that can affect this. Gotta go through a long list of things like wireless network congestion in your area, whether you're using 5ghz or 2.4, distance to the router, interference from other electrical devices, the area you live in having a high ping to Sony's servers, if the console is surrounded by material that can dampen a connection, etc.

If you buy a powerline adapter make sure it's from somewhere with easy returns because it may not work well or at all with some houses.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
This seems like the perfect question to ask in the troubleshooting thread

www.resetera.com

PS5 Troubleshooting Thread

I figured that there should be a thread for PS5 troubleshooting since the Xbox Series X/S has a thread. How long does the PS5 take to install the dayone firmware update? I have been waiting for 15 minutes with the white light flashing? Is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.